• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 SPRINGS

sidepipe

Hi All, new to this great forum but have had my 1970 J5 for 34 yrs. I have a sagging rt side drv sprocket because of the spring in the can being broken. Is this spring still available or some alternate fix for it? What have others done? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi All, new to this great forum but have had my 1970 J5 for 34 yrs. I have a sagging rt side drv sprocket because of the spring in the can being broken. Is this spring still available or some alternate fix for it? What have others done? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Most often the spring is fine but the rod that comes out goes to a round plate behind the spring and the rod or weld breaks it can be re welded but the can needs to come apart and you have to be very careful when you cut the can apart to open it to fix the weld it is under extreme pressure and can cause severe injury. You would do this also if the spring was broke to repair.

We have the springs and repaired units

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The warning label says you must be over sixteen to repair to assume all liability from injury. :whistling:

sidepipe

MN Outdoors, are these springs sold on an exchange basis, (core chg), or outright and what might be the price? Thanks, Frank