• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST3014 bushings (the variator bushings)

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
So when I started fixing things I found a bushing out of copper that looked to have been shaped using a crude file, A bronze bushing made out of "oil-lite" and several (6) that were steel that had rust welded to the pins.

I assume the steel ones were the OEM. I made a new set out of marine brass, but am having second thoughts. My gut is there isn't that much pressure and the brass would keep the seizing down. But, the copper one was oblong and one of the steel ones showed wear - on the flat stock.

Has anyone used brass and had bad experience?

Thanks,
Tom

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you use brass or bronze and have a way to grease them I wouldn't worry about them the oil lite brass may crumble I have a few of the steel ones around and that is what mine has I have had no problems with them

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I will take better care than the previous owner(s). It was quite the fight to free up the pins where they had rusted to the steel bushings.