• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1957 tucker sno kitten

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Pic1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 284

GYPSY

Thanks for the spring pictures. I recently purchased 2 front motor mounts from smallfordspares.com in the UK. Even with exchange rate and shipping they can't be beat on Ford Anglia parts. I will post some pictures in the next day or two. Spring season work has me busy.
Thanks again.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Glacierparkbus
Thanks for the pics. So do you have 4 shocks? When I looked at your pics for the pontoons it looks like there's 4 mounts. At first I was thinking of doing the 4 spring cup setup over but better and a coil over setup on the rear end help to support drive train setup. I know the guides on the pontoons help holding everything in place.A four coil over shock setup would give the pontoon more vertical travel without the spring cup set in there.

GYPSY

Pictures of original and replacement front motor mounts, empty spring cans, and previously welded solid pontoons to frame.
MISC 008.jpg

MISC 010.JPG

MISC 011.JPG

MISC 012.JPG

MISC 006.jpg

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Gypsy for the pics.
Where your spring mounts the upper part has pipe welded in there. Mine has nothing. I was going to put a plate in there with a short cup to hold the springs in place. I'm only missing one spring setup but I think it because it threw a track at one time on that side. The frame is bent at the front mount setup from it. My body could rock back and fourth real easy with the setup that was in it. Just on the side with the broken and missing half front mount I only had an1" of clearance above the track. Most of my frame is indented where the springs rode that why I wanted to put a plate in there with a cup to keep the spring in place. The pipe setup you have would work but make it a little harder to get the springs in. The ones I have are pretty stiff and the front ones had inner springs in them. Probably to help with the weight of the datsun motor. Also I was thinking of making an I looking plate to match the frame where the pontoons ride instead of the short plate that's there now. It would strengthen the frame there. In your pic it looks like yours mite be a little weak there too? Hard to tell in the pic. Just wondering if its a problem area with the kittens or just mine.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yes, my kitten uses 4 spring over shocks, one at each corner, they do seem to work better than the spring system, sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Nice unit. There was one that was pretty much original that sold a few years ago here in Fairbanks. I think I posted a bunch of photos of it here somewhere.

The way you're going after that, looks like you will have a very sweet ride when you're done!

If I find those photos I'll post them for you.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking For new shoes and brake bands or to get the ones I have relined. Also new brake drums.
So if anybody knows of a source could you let me know. Thanks Ed
Also what is the paint code for tucker orange. Still trying to decide leaving it white with a new paint job or go tucker orange.

tele tucker

I am also starting a Tucker Sno Kitten project and was wondering if you had a connection for bearings? I will post pictures of mine tomorrow. I am following you thread so I can get a good idea on where to start.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw this. Give Brake & Truck Supply a call:
Brake & Truck
98 Paris St, Everett, MA 02149
(617) 387-5252

If they don't do applications that small, they will know who does. But, I believe they will be able to do it since they do e-brake linings.

The paint is Chrysler Omaha Orange. If the local guys cant find the code number, PM Sno-Drifter. He buys it by the drum and would have the code number.

David

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Dave I haven't been to that place in like 15yrs. If it's the place down off 93.
Didn't even think they where still around.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still out past Wellington Station and the worst rotary in the state.

I would definitely bring a drum with you. There is almost no chance of them matching something like that up from description! We use Brake & Clutch as well. They could reline as well, but they may have a tougher time chasing down the drum.