• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Early Bigfoot Sightings

hamellr

It frequently comes to some surprise to people that Native Americans also had legends of Big Foot. The various tribes had a multitude of names for the creature, but it was almost universally seen an a bad omen. The Nez Pierce specifically had a variety of oral stories and tales regarding the Man of the Woods and the bad things that happened after he was seen.

While doing some research on an unrelated subject, I found that the Clallam Tribe (and others) in Washington knew of the Seeahtik Tribe.

They were described as "hairy indians," who killed game via hypnotism, spoke all the local Indian tribe languages, traveled invisibly, and frequently stole food and women from all the other tribes.

Does any one else know of such early stories? I'm thinking of writing a book about these early oral traditions about Big Foot and it's relatives and would like any more information I can get my hands on.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there is likely to bee a big foot sighting in washing state soon when big foot shows up with a Kristi that will actually propel it's self across the snow