• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac track snow deflector size

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone posted the factory dimensions of the snow deflector that is in the snow trac and I can't find it. Can someone help me out?
I am getting a build up of snow and want to see if mine is the correct size.
Thanks,Jim

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I have measured the tin deflectors...not the rubber ones. I am in the process of fabricating them. I had to make up the brackets that attach to the boggie wheels as well. I used some flat stock and a torch to bend them up. I'll see if I can make a drawing...

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
we had some warmer weather and the wet snow is sticking on my rubber ones. I did some adjustments to them and I haven't been out yet.
thanks

I have measured the tin deflectors...not the rubber ones. I am in the process of fabricating them. I had to make up the brackets that attach to the boggie wheels as well. I used some flat stock and a torch to bend them up. I'll see if I can make a drawing...

I have not seen tin deflectors, were they the same size as the rubber ones? I have to make something for my girl, all I have is the remains of the brackets. A drawing with some measuremernts would be great, thank you.

akimp

Did anyone bet the factory dimensions for the snow deflectors. I have some tabs on the bogie wheels I'm assuming were the snow deflectors were attached. Any help will be appreciated.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The tin factory ones I believe Lydon said don't work as well as home made rubber or better yet poly (think kids ride on sledding matt).. we can make..

The snow deflecters made from mudflaps on my Snow Trac throw ALL of the snow, from the inside of the track line as well as the outside, out in a ribbon I can see from in the cab. Those metal factory ones eject the snow from the inside of the track line to the inside of the machine. And they don't really get it all from either side out well to the side of the track line. They aren't wide enough to do a really good job. JMHO...

Regards, Kirk

Did anyone bet the factory dimensions for the snow deflectors. I have some tabs on the bogie wheels I'm assuming were the snow deflectors were attached. Any help will be appreciated.

Nobody ever sent me any dimensions so I guessed, I was lucky and we got it right first time. I used two "Crazy carpets" kids sledges, cheap, can cut with scissors and work really well. I think I have the template in the shop, if interested I can post some photos and details.

Cheers John

akimp

Thank you both for the reply. John if you could post pictures and details that would be a great benefit for all.

Thank you both for the reply. John if you could post pictures and details that would be a great benefit for all.

No problem, I need a day or two as the girl is still under her summer wraps, although we did have a slight scuff of snow last week!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen some extend over the boggie but usually they are half way over.
paintjob001.jpg

trackslush.jpg

nikos

Jim
:whistling::whistling::whistling:I dont know if i am the guy with the white one, but my deflector is sharp.:brows:

Any way, I will try to measure the tin deflector (The correct size - factory dimension) on my ST4, BUT it also need measure the brackets, that attached to the boogie wheels.
Please wait. I will make the drawing for you guys in F.F. OK.

Regards Nikos

nikos

Some small problems with the fotos

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 214

nikos

PART N1
3D Paper Constuction of the tin Deflector in scale 1:2

photo n1 Top View of both side.

photo n2 Left Side

photo n3 Right Side

photo n4 Left Side

photo n5 Right Side

photo n6 Left Side

photo n7 TOP VIEW DRAWING - Left Side

photo n8 TOP VIEW DRAWING - Right Side

too be continued with Part N2

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 190
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 193

nikos

I forgot to mention that, both of the drawings (left and right) photo N7 and N8 are in 1:1 scale in centimeter and inches

nikos

PART N2 - The Brackets Drawing

photo N9 - Left Side -

Look at the rear bracket, attached in both sides the axle, instead the front one.
There are two holes on the front and two on the rear bracket.

Photo N10 Under the right side.
The black lines ------- show the points that has been bent the sheet metal
The red lines show the points of the adjusted bracket, under the deflector

Attachments

• N9.JPG
    N9.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 183
  • N10.JPG
    N10.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 183

nikos

PART N3 -

N11 - The front bracket- Left side

N12 - The rear bracket - left side

N13 - Watch out this photo - Details
The front and the rear bracket - Left side

N14 - The two rear holes on the deflector - Left side

N15 - Te two front holes on the Deflector - Left side

N16 - The boggie wheels - Left side.

N17 - The rear bracket - Right side.

Sorry about the photos but it was night.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• N11.JPG
    N11.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 115
  • N12.JPG
    N12.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 126
  • N13.JPG
    N13.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 112
  • N14.JPG
    N14.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 116
  • N15.JPG
    N15.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 115
  • N16.JPG
    N16.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 114
  • N17.JPG
    N17.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 121

Here are the snow deflectors I built, I had no pattern so it was a bit of a gamble but they work great and the price was good Be happy to measure them if required.