• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn Crappy Dodge Trucks

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Heard a metallic screeching howl under the hood yesterday on the '95 one ton Dodge. Only 295K on the clock and I have to put on a new water pump. That Cummins is just barely broke in too.

Replaced the serpentine belt and Tensioner while I was at it. Not that they needed it but once I was in there, what the hell. Took 4 hours (including beer run) and about 135 bucks worth of parts.

Damn, they just don't make them like they used to.:ermm:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the 92 so yours must have the update on it. something about a pin breaking.
mine hasn't much of the smog stuff.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the 92 so yours must have the update on it. something about a pin breaking.
mine hasn't much of the smog stuff.

'92?,,,,.; I remember the commercials.

Isn't that the one Chrysler dropped 6 feet before they shipped them out.

No smog stuff on mine. That came later.

No the outer bearings just went. I believe the auto adjusting tensioner went too tight. I sprayed it with oil and the scream stopped but, the pump began leaking. The pump was only fifty bucks. The rest was a new belt and tensioner. Labor was me. Easy peezy.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think mine was the second year of the cummins . 1992?? it just sets taking up space in my haybarn. 1/2 ton ram250. runs good but the alternator is stuck on and can't figure it out