• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tattoos . . . I don't get it

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If I ever got a tattoo it would be a dollar bill on my.......um......mid section. That way I could watch my money grow and my wife could blow my money any time. [emoji12]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i really cannot think of many that have not got one, & i know scads of people.
squerly-- yep. that 1 is odd. scary, kind of.

leadarrows

It is disfigurement plain and simple. The only tats I kinda get are military unit tattoos.
Just my opinion. I would never advocate forcing it on anyone else....just saying.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
if u dislike them, don't look, & don't get one. i dislike stuff, so i'll look away or ignore them

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
if u dislike them, don't look, & don't get one. i dislike stuff, so i'll look away or ignore them

And this is what I agree with.

I don't really get tattoos. Especially the extreme stuff on the face. But it doesn't cause harm to others so it becomes a personal choice.

leadarrows

Don't look? How the hell do you not look when they are every where and people working where you do business have them?

Like I said...it's disfigurement. I take it as a sign of the persons self loathing.

It has a strong effect on my opinion of the person.

That said I agree it is a personal choice but "Don't Look"? Yeah OK....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So, I'll be getting a tattoo soon, my second one... of an anchor on my shoulder with my Dad's name under it.

Self-loathing soul that I am.

:yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm realizing my own mortality and the bucket list lives ........... On the list was a tattoo and it was completed 3 weeks ago. I'm going to get the other shoulder (mostly inconspicuous) done next week ......... hey you have to have balance.

Attachments

• 10391871_1057603927644819_3400930258420483463_n.jpg
    10391871_1057603927644819_3400930258420483463_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 160

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The human body is a work of art, why would I want graffiti on it?

What he said. :agree:

I've stayed out of this discussion up till now because I don't like tattoos. I think that for the most part they look cheap and nasty but agree that it is a personal choice so whatever floats your boat. But, to say that if you don't like them, don't look, that's unrealistic.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
~

i have a tube in my belly to feed me-- i got a new one a few ago~ you gonna pick on that, too-- that is beyond a piercing/tattoo; it's significant. that's an incision that is significant & takes adhesion to keep her kinda stuck to me-- keeps me alive & , my tattoos, they keep me well in thier different way-- have a great one~

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Re: ~

i have a tube in my belly to feed me-- i got a new one a few ago~ you gonna pick on that, too-- that is beyond a piercing/tattoo;

That comparison is beyond asinine!!!!!

it's significant. that's an incision that is significant & takes adhesion to keep her kinda stuck to me-- keeps me alive & , my tattoos, they keep me well in thier different way-- have a great one~

As I said, "Whatever floats your boat".