• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hey Waybomb...

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Fred, I finally dumped that pos, lemon of a VW Passat. We picked up a '12 E350.

Any resources or guidance on these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 130

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That would look really good parked in my driveway. :clap:

Oh, wait a minute, I'd have to get rid of some of the junk already parked there and I'm kinda attached to my "junk".

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice ride. Need more Benz folks here.

benzworld.org seems about the best.

If you need parts, and want OEM mfg parts, call Gary Hurst at buyeuroparts.com. He'll tell you which ones are the OEM and has smokin prices.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How do those Benz's do in the snow? They are rear wheel drive, right?
I prefer front wheel drive for snow (2 wheel drive vehicle), but I have to admit I just got stuck in my driveway today with my front wheel drive car.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I just registered at MB world. Lots to read and learn. Thanks for the tip, Fred. Are you on there as well?

Thank you for the nice comments. We pick up the car next week. It's a '12 with 30k miles. It does have the "4matic" all wheel drive option, so I am hoping it will laugh at most snow issues. I've been a big fan of a second set of wheels and dedicated snow tires for winter operations and will probably follow suit with this car as well.

After driving VW diesels since the mid 80's I'm so disgusted with that Passat I could spit. Right now the heater doesn't work (heater core is plugged up on a 2012 with 60k miles!). The parts to fix it are back ordered for several weeks on this "rare" problem. VW did agree to pay for the problem (to keep me quiet) but I don't care any more. Add this to several turbo failures ($10k fix each time - covered by VW thank God!) and two other tow in strandings, I'm out!

Hopefully this car will be more reliable. It is my wife's car so I hope I won't need to rescue her any more!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet ride!

We were car shopping a couple months ago and this was on the short list.
I've been a big fan of a second set of wheels and dedicated snow tires for winter operations and will probably follow suit with this car as well.
Instead of a newer AWD vehicle, we decided to slap some winter tires on the Mrs. Accord as it was doing really crappy in winter conditions.
I bought a set of new (steel) rims and a set of Blizzak WS80's. That car now goes through anything.

BTW, I searched all over for rims. You know who had them and had the best price? Amazon...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nevermind on my question. I did not realize these were AWD. Very very nice. :thumb:
A friend had one that could be the twin to the one you got Av8r. 4 matic, 30k miles and all. Always garaged, he didn't even drive it in the rain. It was a 2011 model, he was selling cause he needed a tow vehicle for his boat. Such a nice car, wish I could have swung getting it but the timing was not right so I did not even tease myself by getting to know it better.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awd is an awesome feature in the winter. My wife's envoy has the Awd option as well as full time 4x4. She loves it. I never have to worry about her getting stuck in the winter.

Nice car. As far as cars go you chose a good one. Anything less than a truck or suv is useless to me up here.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Get a set of Blizzaks on some cheap wheels for the winter. Blizzaks rock in the snow.
Bridgestone.

mbworld is good too. Yep on both.

Learn how to do Maintenance "A" and "B" yourself and you'll save a ton of money. Buy a "topsider" for changing the oil (warm it up first), and a oil filter cap wrench. Buy the fleece oil filters from Gary. You do not need to change the oil until it tells you to! I have been doing that as long as I've had MBs with FSS. My last one went about 18,000 miles between changes - sold it at 357,000, not burning oil, and it's still running around town more than a year later.

I buy my gold cap Mobil! at Walmart - about 25 bucks for a 5 quart jug. A change is about 8 quarts.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Got the windows done. The wife is loving it.

She will occasionally let me wash it (by hand in the garage) or sometimes I'm allowed to sit quietly in it to go somewhere (usually in the trunk).

Maybe someday I'll get to drive it (slowly in the driveway).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 74

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Tire rack is sold out of all the nice wheels now, so we will tool up a set with Blizzaks next summer. Till then, it still does pretty well in the snow with the all seasons.

Toying with getting a Mid City Engineering remote start for it.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Black is such an awesome color. Bitch to keep clean but awesome just the same.