• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need advice skidozer driver bolts

Dwmaster

On my new to me 252. My bolts sheered off on my right driver sprocket. I just rewelded both my tentioners and tightened the tracks up till the track was just off the 2nd boogie. The tentioners appeared to off been inoperative for quite some time. So the question is Why? Do the bolts thread in from the back side or tack welded in place. I see they have hex heads on them. I tried to drive one out a little force but it didn't budge. luckily my driver lug holes look un scaved, which leads me to believe I sheered them from to tight of track????????

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I had the same problem with my 2100 I believe it was a bad combination of track twist and a 15 mile ride on a side hill I bored out the driver holes and replaced the 1/2 inch studs with 9/16 grade 8 bowman bolts no problems since. I did the same on the front road wheels