• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

i just bought my first bombardier jw73

Morin64

im looking for some manuals for the jw-73 mortor and for the rest of the machine. it needs some TLC, brakes and carb for a start. if any one can help it would be great. thanks :read:

Attachments

• bombi.bmp
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,214
Last edited:

aulen2002

Lots of good info on the forum - better get searching :wink:
A few members have manuals, but the more info on model (see bombardier threads: JW73 is likely a 1973.... something (J5, SW48, etc)) and PICTURES, the more we can help.

Where are you located?

PS - looks like a SW48 (48 inches width?)

Morin64

im still trying to figure this forum out. here you go

Attachments

• Photo0047.jpg
    Photo0047.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Photo0048.jpg
    Photo0048.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Photo0049.jpg
    Photo0049.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Photo0052.jpg
    Photo0052.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Photo0053.jpg
    Photo0053.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,606

timandkim

welcome to the forum morin64 , you will be glad you joined , there is more info and real life info than you ll find anywhere , plus ther is quite a few members that are parts dealers , you can find any parts you will ever need .. make sure you post lots of pics of your new machine it looks in really goodshape ......

tim

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum, Morin64 ! Nice looking SW48. I've never seen an attachment quite like the lifting frame on the rear... that looks useful.

Is your engine a Ford 6 cylinder ?

Morin64

Hi
i live in Underhill VT, and we have lot of snow so i havent been in the wood with it yet to pull out some log. the guy i bought it form said it has grate power for just that. he was telling me that when you have a log hooked to it you need to keep off the grand becouse it can and will get caoght on a rock and you,ll do a whelly.:w00t2: my kid was in the wast deep crusty snow and it did ok thank god for the plow to move the snow out of the way. the best part of this that it came with another machine for parts that i havent seen becouse of all the snow. it cost me $2500 i think i got a steal. here are the to plates i think its a crisler 251. what is the difference between a sw and a jw

Attachments

• Photo0056.jpg
    Photo0056.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Photo0058.jpg
    Photo0058.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,046

northeastheavy

If the drivetrain is as good as the body, you got a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!! You should get a great bite with those long grousers. Looks like it was made for the woods!!
Tom

aulen2002

The "SW" are for sidewalk, hence the 48 inch width. Most parts swap between the SW's and the J5.

You appear to have the winter (longer paddle) grousers: they turn harder than the summer grousers (and rubber grousers for on asphalt) but give it more traction in mud and snow.

PM me your email and i'll shoot you an operators manual from that era.

Do you have the side engine cover off, or is it missing? If missing, you might have cooling issues.

Morin64

The "SW" are for sidewalk, hence the 48 inch width. Most parts swap between the SW's and the J5.

You appear to have the winter (longer paddle) grousers: they turn harder than the summer grousers (and rubber grousers for on asphalt) but give it more traction in mud and snow.

PM me your email and i'll shoot you an operators manual from that era.

Do you have the side engine cover off, or is it missing? If missing, you might have cooling issues.

I do have the side cover for the engine, I just took it off for the picture. I think that I may be missing a cover of somesort under the seat. It has a broken window and because there is a hole it sucks a lot of air in the wondow and under the seat to the motor and not across the radiator. I feel this may carse some cooling issues...

Darin

Hi Morin64

I have the exact same machine with crysler flat head six. currently i am looking for an exhaust manifold. Would you know of anyone with a manifold that i could get in contact with??

Thanks Darin
Nice Bombi, love the hydralic lift on the back, that would be handy in the bush

the old trucker

Welcome to this forum, Morin64 ! Nice looking SW48. I've never seen an attachment quite like the lifting frame on the rear... that looks useful.

Is your engine a Ford 6 cylinder ?

I've seen this attachment on the front of heavy duty trucks & graders that have snow plows attached to them.

attachment.php

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a log lift similar to a skidder. When you pick one end slightly off the ground it increases traction and really reduces the drag on the log.

northeastheavy

That hydraulic cylinder and the top mount with hooks does look like part of a plow assembly from a old truck with large municipal plow!!

Dittmer

Hi im new to this forum im pretty sure I have the same machine with the Chrysler 6 cylinder im just wondering what you guys are running for temp? I haven't started mine in a few months if I remember right I think it was running at 190f or alittle higher?

akimp

My J5 with the Chystler 251 runs about 190 is I get on it but its a open cab ROPS model with a lot of air flow. I had a closed cab J5 with the engine inside of the cab and it would hold 190F all the time. I heard the thermostats removed on a lot of dodge power wagons with the flat head 6 installed.