• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

looking for jd 15A rotary chopper part

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm stuck on finding a 40 yr old part that John deere doesn't make anymore. idid a search with the part number and came up empty.
part is C503E Hub can anyone help? it is a cap that slides over the axle hub shaft that you remove when replacing the tire. the cap is cast an i removed it in chunks after ordering the part. then i was told they no longer have it.
wheel bolts to the hub and needed part slides over the axle then bolts to the outside body/frame to support the wheel.
the auger has been removed because i just cut weeds with it now.
15a%20rotary%20chopper.jpg

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the hub is ok. when the whole assembly is bolted to the large flat part with the wheel on the hub the axle is flush with the outside. the part i need is like a cap. it slides in from the outside over the axle and holds it. no bearings it is a tight fit and heavy cast. you pull it off to drop the wheel with hub to change.
it may be easier to build than i think. i have no idea why it is called a HUB by jd.
thanks.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
It doesn't sound like it would be rocket science to build. some 1/2" or 3/4" plate and some pipe bored or sleeved to fit the axle.
Mike

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it kind of looks like i'll be dusting off my craftsman lathe if i'm going to get my pastures clipped.