• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

vintagebike

McCallin' Sll Cats final day

We are at the Low Family Ranch in New Meadows. 3350 Walker Lane. Take
Hwy 55 towards 95 to Walker Lane. Turn left at C&M Lumber go to almost the end of the Lane. Look for the address number and an open gate on the left. Go till the road ends , up and down a lot, to the house on the left and equipment barn on the right. Too late to arrange for Subway sandwiches - so lunch BYO but we have a full keg of SnowCat Golden Orange. See you a bit after 9am for a short info session from the ranch manager, Brian. Looks like snow. :letitsnow:

Steve and Cathy

vintagebike

Saving some of the best for last

With the weather changing many of the catters decided it was best to head for home and try to beat the snow over the passes. We had 7 cats and two tracked side by sides show up at New Meadows. Light, off and on snow all day. It was great. Everyone said this was the best site of our tour. Wide open spaces, trees, ridges and no restrictions! Next year we will make this #2 or #3 on the schedule. Sorry if you missed it this time. Eric with a huge smile got to drive his Tucker wide track all over the place after finally getting a bearing fixed ( well, sort of fixed). Brandon's SkiDozer was there too but had to heave early. We all tracked out after the last of the very well received Snow Cat Golden Orange brew was finally consumed by the tired but happy new members of the McCall Crew. Thanks to everyone for a great and successful first time event for Cathy and me and all of you too! :tiphat:

:weneedpic:

IMG_9218.jpg

IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

Last edited:

Snowgeorge

Big shout out to Steve thanks thanks thanks
We r here to help u next year in logistics-----as all great generals know logistics win the war
Snowgeorge----George Jonathan Patton
If u make it to warren next Saterday for the crab feed dinner is on me
Thanks again

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A big THANK YOU to Steve and Jinn and crew for pulling this off. We cheated death one more time and made it home before dark, only got stopped for 1 1/2 hour on I-84 Meacham Summit.

vintagebike

Keep the pics coming

At Low Ranch, Cathy got to drive Jeff's ST4
IMG_1739.jpg
they said, "nice, but not too nice". It's not a Snow Cat
IMG_1751.jpg
Dancing on Dad's Imp
IMG_1743.jpg

At Jug Mountain Ranch, one for the book?
IMG_1733.jpg

Sno-Surfer

We just got home about an hour ago. Held up on the same pass as Sno-Drifter but was fine by the time we went over it.
Low Family outing looks great. Next time I might plan to stay an extra night so I don't feel pressed for time. I also have a pontoon rail issue that I didn't want to damage any further.
We had a great time and really appreciate the time and effort to make this happen. Thank you Steve and Cathy for introducing us to McCall too, we all loved it and felt real welcomed by all we had contact with.
More photos etc to come this week. :flowers::smile:

Last edited:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome times, glad everyone is okay and had great time, definitely lifelong memories!!!

Thanks for posting pictures

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DSC00767.jpg

on the golf course

some of the skiers
DSC00727.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

hand cranked to start every morning
DSC00709.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If bigal were still here he'd be jealous of those three good looking hunnies on the hood of that snowtrac. Great pictures!

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Just wanted to say Thanks to all who helped out when my Cat got the blues..This was my first Cat event and it was an excellent adventure. Met a lot of very good folks.. I hope to see you all again next year somewhere. As soon as I can get my pics and videos downloaded I will post them.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Should have known Jim would be the one to get the girls to pose with his Sno Trac!!! Gotta keep an eye on them guys they're awful tricky.

vintagebike

Monday morning

This morning over our morning coffee Cathy says "Where is everyone?" Thanks again, we already have the next year event poster getting started for McCallin' All Cats 2018. Same week after President's Day. Steve, Cathy , McCall Crew and MVSC :coolshade:

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
After seeing the 3 ladies in the second pic I see that I need a Snotrac.

You play poker? I will see your three skiers and one snowtrac and raise you the entire US Olympic ladies team and two Tuckers.

Attachments

• DSCN3243.jpg
    DSCN3243.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
After seeing the 3 ladies in the second pic I see that I need a Snotrac.

good news Mr JPL,

there will be at least three more Snowtracs available very soon and CHEAP, new converts to Tucker Sno-Cats, they have seen the Orange....

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank You to all that were involved in organizing and putting on this event! We had a great time and met a lot of very nice and very like minded catters. It was great to see some new country , and have another adventure to remember. Sorry we missed the last day but wanted to be ahead of the storm , made it home in 14 hours.Will try to post pictures and any videos as ican. Again Thank You Steve and Cathy !
:biggrin:

backroad explorer

Thank You Steve & Cathy I had a marvelous time! :w00t2:

I hope everyone has made it Home safely and those still on the road, Safe Travels!
I'm already scheduling my vacation for next years event.:shifty:

Brian Hamilton
Your N.A.P.A. Auto Parts :17875: Guy

P.S. I may be interested in one of those "CHEAP" Snow Tracs that might be up "For Sale":yum:

PJL

These 2 ladies are local TV reporters that went for a cat ride with me last year. Both of them drove it.

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 294

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Just wanted to thank everybody that helped organize McCallin All Cats. Me, my daughter and two uncle's had a blast. Looking forward to next year!

We had a good trip home and had a little fresh snow when we arrived. Unloaded the Tucker and did a hot lap! Thanks very much to Steve and Cathy, as well as everyone else that helped organize the event. We had a great time hanging with everyone we know and meeting some new people too!

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Home 2.jpg
    Home 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 292

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
We too made the long trek home yesterday. Wish we could have stayed for another week!
Can't say enough how much fun we had and are really looking forward to the next adventure. We met a lot of great people and saw lots of friends we don't get to see often enough. Thanks to Steve, Little Ski Hill, Brundage Resort, Jug Mountain Ranch and the Low Family Ranch for allowing this to happen. Cheers to all!
1c9133ad998a411695c0e3e274ca736a.jpg

Last edited:

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Desmarais family just arrived back home in Massachusetts. Big thanks to the McCall crew and all the effort you put in to the gathering. Also we appreciate the hospitality for those that didn't have cats making room for us and also to Jinn for sharing that special torpedo with my family!

I don't have any social media but my wife does and found this posted while we were out there. Think they might need to do a little fact checking on their information source but just in case I will check the the ole family tree for my Tucker lineage !

Thanks again everybody great trip and see you again one day....
Great to finally meet ya Mr. Addict! Glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves out West.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PS we found one of your beautiful hot springs on the way back. Would have much rather drove a cat up there instead of the rental Hyundai !

Trip to Bergdorf by sno cat would be the pinnacle if that could ever happen one year.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7475.jpg
    IMG_7475.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_7468.jpg
    IMG_7468.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 251

vintagebike

We're working on it for 2018. The Valley County representative is pushing for us. Plus the Burgdorf owner wants a vintage Snow Cat!

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to have missed last day, Special thanks to Vintage Bike and Pontoon Princess for the organization. Jinn you saved our track. Super big thanks to our new pals for the help getting our track back together. Real great meeting all you good folks. Hope everyone's ride home was good, till next time, salute.

Hox

Thanks to all the "Cat People" for coming to McCall Idaho! It was great meeting you guys up at Jug Mtn and we look forward to seeing everyone next year. David Carey (Jug Mountain) can't stop talking about the event and has already started a list of events next year (hot spring trip, night drive, boondock, bonfire, poker run etc. ) and we hope this expands to even more awesome cats. Please be sure to put it on your calendar and get back in touch as it gets closer for more details!

Cheers!
john