• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

a note to all.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i will be down to one finger pecking for a bit. left hand is in an ice pack. damn log shifted and pinched it. no caps etc. for a bit.

Kane

i will be down to one finger pecking for a bit. left hand is in an ice pack. damn log shifted and pinched it. no caps etc. for a bit.
Yes, I saw that once ... people typing with more than one finger. But I'm with you muleman ... tap, tap, tap, shit, backspace, tap, tap, shit ....

loboloco

Mule hope it gets better quick. By the way, our 'Tom" corn is now about 7' high and starting to tassle.

Leni

For Petes sake Muley, you're getting too old for this sort of thing. What happened, one too many beers? :wink:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Hell, Billiam, how are you gonna rub the wife's feet now???

But really, glad it wasn't any worse.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I had read (in another thread somewhere) that you were not allowed to play with chainsaws and other related adult toys?
I struggle with following rules sometimes! Hand feels better now. It got me right where the little finger comes off the hand. That joint is a little sore yet. The ice kept the swelling down.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That joint is a little sore yet. The ice kept the swelling down.

ICE ... when I do something like that I stick it next to my wife's cold, frozen heart. Works every time. :biggrin:

Hell, I'm glad she doesn't ready any of this or I'd be on my way to the emergency department for sure and it would take more than a few ice cubes to cure me. :yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What? You think me being injured and hurting is funny?? Wait sister, your turn is coming. Old bones hurt more. Will get back at it in the morning before it gets too hot out. I will leave the big pieces that need split till I have some Amish boys come help. I have about 2-3 bucket loads cut to stack in the shed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What? You think me being injured and hurting is funny?? Wait sister, your turn is coming.

Of coursed I don't think it's funny. :hammer:

My turn came last January, when I called someone and told them where I was, writhing in pain- in case the good folks of this forum thought I'd kicked the bucket or something.
:biggrin:
He looked out for me and cared for me daily.

Are you sure the log didn't hit you in the head too?
:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the way it works Frank. I don't want to be like a lot of folks out in the snow trying to cut wood and slipping and sliding doing it. It gives a lot more heat when it is cut and dried. I see guys every year who wait till it is winter and then battle wet green wood and wonder why they can't get warm.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Of coursed I don't think it's funny. :hammer:

My turn came last January, when I called someone and told them where I was, writhing in pain- in case the good folks of this forum thought I'd kicked the bucket or something.
:biggrin:
He looked out for me and cared for me daily.

Are you sure the log didn't hit you in the head too?
:whistling:
No head hits today. I do have a nice big bruise of my left leg near my.... well lets say it was close. A damn branch slapped me while bush hogging the other day. I need to get help to clear back a few spots for the tractors.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That is the way it works Frank. I don't want to be like a lot of folks out in the snow trying to cut wood and slipping and sliding doing it. It gives a lot more heat when it is cut and dried. I see guys every year who wait till it is winter and then battle wet green wood and wonder why they can't get warm.

I can't say that I blame you.

We have a wood burning fireplace but it's almost never used. I do like to keep some around for the smoker though. Right now I have 3 goodly stacks of oak, pecan and pear. The pear tree I lost over the winter and the other two have accumulated from trimming over the past few years. There's no sense in throwing it all in the burning pit. :doh::doh:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Heal up quick ,Bill . Might I suggest you invest in either a cant hook ,or a peavey ? Also a pickaroon ,or hookaroon. Your body will thank you !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a peavey pole and a cant hook. The piece that got me was about 6 ft. long. The best way if I can afford it is to pay the Amish to do it. I use the backhoe and a chain to pick them and drag them if I had a helper. The boys that moved last year could work with me and we processed a lot of wood in a day. They thought it was easy work with the machine.