• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Propeller Driven Snow Cat

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NICE FIND!!!

I'm not sure what brand snow-plane that is. There have been a couple threads (long ago) about various Snow-plane designs. I know the first practical models were Russian military models referred to as the Aerosan and they were used to transport troops, they were outfitted with a light machine gun (or two) and generally could carry a handful of Russian soldiers.

These types of snowcraft were also popularized again here in the USA, mainly for travel on flat fields and/or lakes and were seen in the upper midwest region (Minnesota, Dakotas, etc) as well as parts of Canada. Kristi had an early US design that was similar to the Russian Aerosan but had the unique design feature of having the adjustable skis, very similar to the later design of the adjustable tracks. The "ski action" was called a Christi in skiing terms and I believe that may have given the Kristi its name.

This one doesn't have any brand designation in the ad, nor any I can clearly identify in the photos. I wonder if it is a kit built or home built unit? Or if it was one of the factory built brands?

Here is what I gleaned from the auction:
AIR SNOM0BILE
Vehicle Description

Here is something that you havnt seen its a snowmobil with a airplane motor on it. CONT MOTOR IN GREAT SHAPE

Runs great just put in gas and go. I have the trailor that goes with it also .

So bring a truck and pull home. Or start it and push the truck

Call 641 990 8139

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    295 KB · Views: 539
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    235 KB · Views: 537
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 516
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 525

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You would want a good hat with a strong strap to ride that thing. I agree it would be great on a lake where you could run without worrying about missing trees and things. I dont know how much steering control you would have with the skis.