• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Howard Stern Show

blondebullfrog

Any body listen to the broadcast yesterday? There was quite an outburst! I sat in the car for 20 minutes before walking into work. Just to listen!:yum: :yum:

I don't know if the show will be the same with out Artie. I thought alot of his A**holish comments were quite funny on the show.

Howard Stern's sidekick quits show

April 11, 2008Recommend (163)

Sun-Times Staff Reports
Comedian Artie Lange quit his 7-year-run as Howard Stern's sidekick during a violent outburst on Thursday's Sirius Satellite Radio broadcast.

Lange, who brings his brand of whiskey-drinking, chain-smoking comedy to Waukegan's Genesee Theatre on June 6, had an altercation with his personal assistant in the hallways of Stern's studio that made its way on air and nearly became physical before show staffers intervened.

The incident appears to have left the "shock jock" Stern stunned. Replays of the show scheduled throughout Thursday were replaced with programming from earlier in the week and there is no mention of Thursday's show on the daily recap feature at Stern's website.

"I'm flabbergasted ... Artie is clearly out of control with this," Stern said on the air after Lange charged after his assistant in what the comic claimed was a dispute over money. "That was crazy what I just saw. I don't understand it. I don't approve of it and I don't know what I'm going to do about it."

Stern's brand of reality radio often leads to his staff airing their dirty laundry on the air. "Howard, you like fightin'. You're getting fightin' man," Lange yelled at Stern.

Lange's assistant, who also works as a board-operator for Stern's Sirius channels, is not the first Stern show staffer on the receiving end of Lange's fury.

In November 2007, Lange hurled a CD case and threatened to beat up show participant Sal "The Stockbroker" Governale after he took exception to Governale's criticism of Lange's film "Beer League."

Shortly after that incident, the former "MadTV" star promised Stern that he would no longer let his temper get the best of him.

Lange wouldn't make the same promise Thursday, telling Stern: "I can't guarantee that won't happen again."

Stern replied: "Then you can't be here anymore."

Lange then offered his resignation, which Stern accepted.

"That was awful," Stern said after Lange left the studio.

Lange's battle with drugs and alcohol have been well-chronicled on the show and colleagues have been concerned for his health both on the air and behind the scenes. The New Jersey-based comic, whose weight has ballooned to nearly 300 pounds since Stern's show moved to Sirius in 2006, has often complained about the rigors of the morning show's schedule. On Wednesday, Lange slept through part of the broadcast on a bed set up in the studio.

Thursday's resignation was not the first time Lange has flirted with quitting the show on the air. In 2007, Lange said he would leave the show for a 6-month sabbatical to "dry out," only to return along with the rest of Stern's crew after the show's week-long summer break.

Fans will have to wait and see if Lange's announced resignation will hold this time. Stern's show does not broadcast live on Friday and will be on vacation next week.

American Woman

Site Supporter
I haven't watched or listened to his show in years. it was becoming more like a playboy show than a commentary and comedian show.

blondebullfrog

They still do stuff like that but, I like to listen more for the guests he has on and interviews. Pretty intersting stuff he get of them on occasion.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Artie Lange is an idiot.
I've always enjoyed the Howard Stern show though.
Ummmmm I am thinking this may be a publicity stunt?
Wow what colorful language!!
Sorry, I am posting comments while listening LOL!
:eek: :4_11_9:
Well, that certainly woke me up!!
haha!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Dont like either. They are the lowest form of sales people. They give telemarketers a good name.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Dont like either. They are the lowest form of sales people. They give telemarketers a good name.
I'm with you on this one - i couldn't stand Stern when I was in NJ back in 92, and haven't seen any reason to change my opinion since. (I also feel the same way about the Bob & Tom show -- just not that into degrading humor at 6AM I guess)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Who the F*** cares.

There are are a lot more important things going on in the world besides these assholes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with you on this one - i couldn't stand Stern when I was in NJ back in 92, and haven't seen any reason to change my opinion since. (I also feel the same way about the Bob & Tom show -- just not that into degrading humor at 6AM I guess)

Bob and Tom are ok most of the time..
Some of the stuff isn't funny at all, but they've had their moments.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ill do it for him.
Who in the **** cares about Howard???

Screw him and his billion bucks. I think the dude is still not happy. And thats sad man.