• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trip into the Alaskan Wilderness

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Will be making our repeated trips out to our cabins in Interior Alaska here shortly and if any of you want to bring your snowcats or go for the ride, you are welcome to come along.

It is a fourty mile, one way trip to the cabins that are just North of Mt. McKinley Park, for which the Mountain can be seen from the front door of the Cabin overlooking the lake.

There are moose, wolves and other critters in the area, and if we run over a sleeping bear... bear can be seen too....:4_11_9:

"Roughwoods" has a Hotel/Resturant in Nenana where we leave out of that can accomidate you if needed.

The trip normally takes about four to six hours to get out there and we normally spend the night or two then head back, the trip can be made both ways in one day if we need to when hauling freight. Roughwoods will be going out another 30+ miles farther a couple of times to break open a trail to the Upper Kantishna River system where they have a Homestead. Any extra snowtracs that want to make the trip would really enjoy it.

Lot of the Tourist pay the big bucks to do what we do all the time...

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know.

Attachments

• Mt. McKinley from the cabin.JPG
    Mt. McKinley from the cabin.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 296
  • Taking a break on the flats.jpg
    Taking a break on the flats.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Tent camp before the cabins.jpg
    Tent camp before the cabins.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Optional snowmachine ride to the cabin.jpg
    Optional snowmachine ride to the cabin.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 296

mtmogs

Man that is awesome! I'd love to come up and join you for the trip someday. I once heard it said that Alaska is full of claustrophobic Montanans so who knows...

Cheers - Paul

RedRocker

Won't that be more exciting? LOL
I wouldn't have time for a trip like that anyway probably.
I would like to meet up if I can bust loose for a day though.