• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bolen's Hus-Ski

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone have any history on these things?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBuidARLvG4&feature=related"]YouTube - Hus-Ski[/ame]

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Hadn't seen this post before, but figured I would comment on it. They were pretty short lived, because the seat was "Towed" behind the power unit, you held on to a bar that had the throtal and brakes on it.

Problem is that when you went down into a ditch and the unit climbed out the other side, it tended to break both your Femor bones when the bar came down and the space between your knees and the bar disapeared.... Great on flat land though...

Cleats were easy to make though, Oak wooden strips....

5611d1165797965-husky-husky.jpg

barrie-g-snow-traveller-small.jpg

4337583595_93d533f440.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they also had wood grousers like a krusty more of that moderen snow fighting tech that Big Al keeps braggen on . But again compaired to Big Al that thing could be pretty moderen.

sledhaus

They actually were not short-lived by snowmobile manufacturers standards of the day. Originally built in the very early 60s in Canada and later bought out by FMC and continued under the Bolens name until the early 70s. Nearly 10 years of production during a time when dozens of the 100 plus manufacturers barely lasted a year. Advertised as pulling huge loads they were marketed as a workhorse more than a recreational machine. My dad bought one when I was a kid and it was an interesting ride if you didn't expect it to be anything other than a utility machine. Early versions with the big engines were actually competitive in races back in the early 60s.