• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Service Salutes

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Most of us have followed Tina (AFFitness13) through her deployments with the help of Mom and Dad and Tina's own contributions. We have also posted of other friends and family we know who have served. First, I wanted to again say thanks for your service Tina. It's a crazy world we live in and we must always be prepared.

This post is kind of two fold in that I wanted to send shout outs to my Nephew, Cpl A.J. Puryea. He is an advance scout with Troop F, 2nd Squadron of the 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment. He has just recieved deployment orders for his 3rd tour and will be "Over There" by the first of the year. God Bless and Keep your head down son.

The 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment is the only enhanced Armored Cavalry Regiment within the National Guard, and one of only two Armored Cavalry Regiments in the United States Army.

The other goes to my neighbor and good friend GSGT Andrew Wetzel, Lima Co. 3rd Battalion, 24th Marine Regiment. Deployed 11/09 and currently stationed in Iraq.

During 1944 the Battalion was deployed to the Marshall Islands and participated in the Pacific Island campaigns of Kwajalein, Saipan, Tinian, Roi Namur, and Iwo Jima. Apart from it's role as a "Force in Readiness," the Battalion engages in numerous civic and charitable activities to include the Marine Corps Reserve Toys For Tots Campaign, color guards and Funeral Honor details.

The second purpose of this thread is to drum up support to add a forum to our collection here for updates, stories, requests and such for those we know that serve.

Thanks Doc, and all the Mods and contributers for all you do to provide this forum.

Cowboyjg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hows that for quick Cowboy? I've created the forum and moved this thread to the new forum. Good idea my man!!!! :tiphat:

And God's speed to your nephew who will be going back over for his third tour next month. Stay safe and hurry home and THANKS for serving!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A salute and thank you to all our soldiers. They are keeping us safe at home by doing the battle over there. Think of them the next time you bitch about traffic,etc. Nobody is shooting at you or planting IED's to blow you up. We are blessed to have our troops!

AFFitness13

I would like to thank all of those supporters of everyone who has, is, or will deploy. You are what keeps us going. I would also like to send my thanks and prayers to my fellow Americans who are currently deployed. I personally thank you for your sacrifice. I would like to send a special thanks to my parents who set the path for me to be in the military, and for the path that is the military today. I would also like to thank Matthew, my boyfriend, for the support and love that he has shown while we have both been seperated.

Again, thank you all.