• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Volvo boat diesel motors

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of you may have seen the downeast Maine boat that has bee in my shop past two years. 370 cummins turbo diesel total boat build.

Well my father has lost some motivation and I had to kick it out of the shop. Still needs some love he is just at a much slower pace and planing stage than
I can work with.

Fast forward to today we acquired a 1999 28' henriques diamond in the ruff.

Has Volvo 6 cyl tmd41a motors. Anybody have any experience with these? New territory for us.

Airplanes boats then snowcats for expensive hobbies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another fun fact. This marina the boat is at is on my street and tucker territory. 12 miles to the ocean. 3 miles from my tucker playground.

Massachusetts more than you think . Other than taxes!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of you may have seen the downeast Maine boat that has bee in my shop past two years. 370 cummins turbo diesel total boat build.

Well my father has lost some motivation and I had to kick it out of the shop. Still needs some love he is just at a much slower pace and planing stage than
I can work with.

Fast forward to today we acquired a 1999 28' henriques diamond in the ruff.

Has Volvo 6 cyl tmd41a motors. Anybody have any experience with these? New territory for us.

Airplanes boats then snowcats for expensive hobbies.

Sweet Boat.
My experience with Volvo Marine is sail drives of smaller size. But by reputation, the engines are bullet proof. Parts are pricey but very available. They seem easier to service than Westerbakes.

Will they turn?

Mostly, I get the old fuel out from the tank to the injectors an give them a try?