• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SNOWOPS newest addition to the fleet!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I talked to fellow member Boggie on the phone. He is close to completing my new cat he designed and is currently building for me. If anyone needs a custom cat built you should contact Boggie. :punk:

As soon as I get some pics I will post them.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Is this the Imp-based one you were discussing in another thread...coming up with the ideal powder cat? If not, what are the base mechanicals? You can't leave us dangling without either photos or description! That's just cruel!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OH sorry.......

The platform was a sweet newer 1202 2 passenger Thiokol. She has a blade and a custom cabin is being built so we can stay out for several days in the field until all work is done. She will have bunk beds, heaters and extra fuel capacity. There is more but for now that should wet your appetite!

scooterd

Oh great! How do you expect me to get any work done on mine now. I'll have to check in four or five times a day for these pictures of Boggies masterpiece he's putting together for you.:respect:Don't make us wait too long. The suspense is killing me! It's built in MN with pride!!!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
O.K. snowops talked me into taking some photos
the platform is a DMC 1200 with a blade and a OC12 with the 2.40 to 1 finals
started its life as a groomer hare are some before pics. as we received it. they had put 2" rigid foam everywhere in the cab. we are not doing a complete rebuild like we did on the last 1200 we did. we are just going through the mechanicals, Differential, redoing the cab, a few new tires and fill. bearings and seals, new muffler, removing the rear garbage, most of the work relates to the rear camper cabin with its on heater and two bunks the main frame of it being 1" square tubing and to be bid enough to sleep across the front it will be a removable cabin and we are using .040 prepainted aluminum

well here are some before shots

Attachments

• 100_0113.jpg
    100_0113.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 707
  • 100_0114.jpg
    100_0114.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 686
  • 100_0115.jpg
    100_0115.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 681
  • 100_0116.jpg
    100_0116.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 672
  • 100_0108.jpg
    100_0108.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 731

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez Boggie, when we talked on the phone I would swear this sounded exactly like that special project you were working on. You know the one where you were making a cat out of chinese tractor parts. You mentioned something about the new owner being kind of "slow" and . . . well . . . SnowOps does own a Kristi.

:whistle: :hide: :poke:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
SnowOps does own a Kristi.

:whistle: :hide: :poke:

THE HELL HE DOES!!! I might have a smidge of respect for him if he owned a Kristi. He owns an empty rusty old Swedish cat food tin and that's it. :pat:

Boggie, did you get that whoopie cushion stitched in like we talked about?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Few more photos of the process the rear cabin does not have its windows yet they will be about 16 by 30 tinted and the inside will have durothem a 5/16" honeycomb product with a white smooth surface and adds a little R value. in the one photo you can see the 1/4" luan was added for snow load to the roof and it will get sheeted over with the orange aluminum also the rear of the cabin has 3/4 plywood

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 607

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In the previous photos the extensions on the side are for the two 40 gallon fuel tanks they go in the middle the rear area is for two propane tanks to run the 20,000 btu Atwood heater with thermastat and blower. the prepainted aluminum panels are 4 foot by ten foot and are .040 thay have a protective coating on them that peels off after mounting. they will be riveted on. The roof will also be riveted on with closed back rivets and orings under each one.

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 597

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Closed rivets with O rings underneath? Have any pics? Those sound exact like what I am looking for. Where do we get them?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, this cat is for SnoOps....that rear door may need to be a little wider. :moon::hide:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
well here are a few more pictures the final R value is 14 in the walls top bunk folds down the bottom bunk has storage under it.still needs propane tanks and rear step. 80 gallons of fuel capacity

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 491

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Top bunk is rated to 300 pounds bottom is at 700 so where do you think Mikey is going to bunk maybe we should start a poll ? :blush:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Top bunk is rated to 300 pounds bottom is at 700 so where do you think Mikey is going to bunk maybe we should start a poll ? :blush:

So what you are saying is that if BigAl and LittleMikey go on a trip together they will need two snowcats to spread the load :hide:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Some off the last touches are now done. the propane holders are built and installed and the tanks and heater were tested. on a 90 degree day..... Ha.
rear folding step now fabed and installed. ready for Snow.

Attachments

• IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 505

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
That thing is just too pretty to be put in the hands of Snow Ops! :thumb:

I think we should demand yearly pictures so we can audit any abuse to this unit.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Lookin' good, Boggie :)

Makes me want to go on a snowcat winter camping adventure :mrgreen:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I still say if Snowops was a real man he would just pitch a tent or just sleep under the stars!!!!!!! Now he is going to want all of the rest of us to go on overnight winter camp outs while he sits inside basking in the heated camper unit. :ermm:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The steps I understand. He's gut quite a load to lift into that cat. The propane tanks I don't get. :confused: Don't you know Mikey brings his own gas? :fart2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow ! That is some nice work !!!:thumb: Way too nice for Mouse ear Mike to be drivin around :flowers: .
Makes me want to get started on my "Super Secret Kristi Project" again .

On a serious note : Brad , do you or anyone else know where I can find some "drawer slides" that will open about 4 feet . I have a plan to try and slide the upper half of my KT3 back for easy entry for the driver ,without the need to step over the rear seats . Sort of like the old Fighter planes had .

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The steps I understand. He's gut quite a load to lift into that cat. The propane tanks I don't get. :confused: Don't you know Mikey brings his own gas? :fart2:

Bobcat, those tanks are plumbed to the bunks they are for night storage :thumb: That makes this a Green Machine and eco freindly

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
WOW VERY NICE WORK Brad!

BOB.......just wait till you have to go do a repair! I bet youll be the first one to crank up that heater!