• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Starbucks Closing 8,000 stores

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
For "racial bias training"
So, I guess the story goes that 2 black men are sitting in one, talking, didn't order anything and were asked to leave.
Well, that turns into a thing, and then the protests and now it's an even bigger thing.
Gosh! I guess a person should be allowed to take up space in an establishment where most people go to eat and drink and nothing should be done about it, huh?
:hammer:

Attachments

• 20180417_151436.png
    20180417_151436.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Ain't this the same dumazz company that expected its customers to have "conversations" with their minimum wage servers?

What are they gonna do when 100 homeless veterans camp out in the store?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Fooled me. I thought the Yuppy place was closing 8000 stores permanently. :bonk: Wishful thinking. Couldn't happen to a nicer company. :puke1:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing to keep in mind. We don't know if these two were asked to leave due to prolonged occupying space without a purchase or were asked to leave due to occupying space without a purchase while black.

Contrary to some prevailing opinions, everything is not about race. Sometimes it's about what it's about.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The funniest thing I see in all of this is the fact that there are people that actually go to this store and buy $10 coffees. :th_lmao:

I have NEVER stepped foot in a Starbucks and never will again. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone said that one was to be built here near the college this summer.
I can't see that happening, not with Tim Horton and Biggby directly across.
I've been to Starbucks, but don't see the big deal.
Their chocolate biscotti does rock, however.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
JUST LEAKED TO THE MEDIA.

EXERPT FROM STARBUCKS RACIAL BIAS TRAINING:

Black Coffee Matters. Say "NO!" to ice.

In compliance with racial bias training, Starting next month, only black coffee will be served at Starbucks. It has been determined that adulterating coffee with all that nasty racist White creams and milks etc, is Racist. Starbucks will be racist no more. Further, no more iced drinks. Offering "iced" anything gets the gangsters all blood thirsty. The mere mention of ICE is traumatizing the illegals and they never feel safe returning.

Patrons must be told to bring their own Sugar. No more giving it away for free.

From now on, only black coffee will be served at Starbucks.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Eric Holder is listed as a presenter; therefore, nothing of (positive) substance will be learned since he will destroy anything good that comes from the rest.