• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Liberals At Berkeley Outraged Over College Republicans Having A Liberal Bake Sale

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
http://www.bluecollarphilosophy.com...e-republicans-having-a-liberal-bake-sale.html

Republican students at Berkeley are holding a bake sale that has got Liberals all riled up. The reason for this is that it is an affirmative action bake sale. In this sale there are different prices based on one’s ethnic make up. From the SF Chronicle:

A Facebook post announcing plans by a UC Berkeley Republican group to sell baked goods priced according to race, gender and ethnicity – “White/Caucasian” pastries for $2 and “Black/African American” pastries for 75 cents, for example – has drawn outrage on campus.
“I’m ashamed to know that I go to the same school with people who would say stuff like this,” responded student Skyler Hogan-Van Sickle on Facebook. “I’m really trying to figure out how someone can be this hateful.”
The campus Republicans, who expect to go forward with their “Increase Diversity Bake Sale” on Tuesday, say the event is meant to mock an effort by the student government to drum up support for SB185, a bill to let the University of California and the California State University consider ethnicity in student admissions. It’s awaiting approval or veto by Gov. Jerry Brown.
“Our bake sale will be at the same time and location of a phone bank which will be making calls to urge Gov. Brown to sign the bill,” posted six students who created the Facebook page. The purpose “is to offer another view to this policy of considering race in university admissions. The pricing structure of the baked goods is meant to be satirical.”
But students say the joke is anything but funny. More than 200 students responded to the event, most opposed, and some violently so. One threatened to burn the table and set the cupcakes on fire. At least four student groups sent complaints to campus administrators, and a student-only meeting was set for Friday evening to discuss it…

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for them. Funny how the liberal students simply don't get it. They can see one side but not the other. :pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen just met with the recruiter for Berkley. It was a school she was very interested in attending ... until she got the answers (or lack thereof) to questions she posed.

Berkley has been (much to my relief) removed from her list of possible schools.

I'm going to have to tell her about this bake sale, she will appreciate it.

SShepherd

rotfl.....libetards

remember when they were going to "share the grades"? The liberal ones didn't want to share their points with people who didn't have them either. You just have to love them openminded folks

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Liberals get pissed when you confront them with facts or logic. Doesn't change their mind, just pisses them off.

JTyler

Contrary to what many of the students think, I agree with these actions. The bake sale was only made to portray what the college was proposing in a different light. I don't see why violence is necessary. I would probably do the same thing (well, not exactly that, but I would think of something).