• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MN shutdown causes MGD & Coors to be pulled from shelves

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I heard on the radio yesterday and I have no proof of this other than what was said on the radio but even though you can't get your driver license renewed the police are still handing out tickets for people who's license has expired in the last few days.

Also many construction projects have been shut down do to No Inspectors. But the politicians who can't get their act together are still getting paid. I really don't think the people should have to suffer.

grizzer

Saw it on Ch 5 at 5pm.

thank our governor scardy cat who specifically stated during a 2010 debate he will NOT SHUT DOWN THE STATE. The screwball has already dropped the state credit rating with his delays.

I'd cut the SOB some slack except for his spending daddy's money at the last second cutting off Kelliher at the knees (who followed the rules & paid her dues) at the last second & taking the dem gov primary.

He spent probably $28 Million of daddy's money buying the MN US Senate seat.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Shutdown forces MillerCoors to pull beer from shelves

Looks like the revolution is going to start in Minnesota . :whistling:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/blogs/125490398.html
Miller Time in Minnesota is over -- until lawmakers reach a budget deal.
The state's government shutdown, now in its 13th day, will soon force MillerCoors to pull its beer from Minnesota liquor stores, bars and restaurants. A state official says the law requires the company to stop selling products like Coors Light, Miller Lite and Blue Moon imminently because their brand licenses expired.
"I would suspect within days to see that product leave the shelves," said Doug Neville, a spokesman for the Department of Public Safety.
A MillerCoors spokesman said they are fighting the decision, which would decimate one of its largest markets in the country.
“Right now we are exploring all options that are available to us," said spokesman Julian Green. "We are currently in discussions and hoping that we can get a resolution with the state, with the agency that enforces the sale ... of alcohol.”
Neville says MillerCoors must remove the beer because they did not renew their brand label registration with the state before the shutdown began. By law, brewers must renew those registrations -- which show the label on each brand of beer -- every three years.
The company tried to renew in mid-June, but the process got delayed when they wrote a check for too much money. Green said they sent in a new check, which the state received on June 27, but nonetheless got a letter three days later saying their brand licenses had expired.
“We believe we’ve followed all applicable state laws on this," Green said.
Neville said his agency has asked MillerCoors to develop a plan to remove the product from shelves and cease their distribution. He added that Anheuser-Busch will face a similar problem if the shutdown extends to October.
Green said they are not currently working on that plan, hoping they can first overturn the decision.
The development follows news that hundreds of bars and liquor stores across the state are slowly running out of alcohol because they were unable to renew their state-issued purchase cards. But eliminating MillerCoors could have a much larger impact, since it would apply to nearly every liquor retailer in the state.
Mike Madigan, with Minnesota Beer Wholesalers Association, says MillerCoors products represent a 38 percent share of the beer market in Minnesota.
A spokesman for Leinenkugel, which is owned by MillerCoors, says they handle their registration separately and it is good until 2013.
Here is a list of the beers that are affected:
Blue Moon Pale Moon Belgian Style Pale Ale, Coors Banquet, Coors Light, Coors Light 3.2, Foster’s Lager Beer, Foster’s Premium Ale, Grolsch Amber Ale, Grolsch Blonde Lager, Grolsch Light Lager, Grolsch Premium Lager, Hamm’s, Hamm’s Genuine Draft Style, Hamm’s Special Light, Henry Weinhard’s Dark, Henry Weinhard’s Hefeweizen, Henry Weinhard’s Pale Ale, Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve, Icehouse Beer, Keystone Light Beer 3.2, Killians Irish Red 3.2, MGD Light 64, Mickey’s Ice Ale, Mickey’s Malt Liquor, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller High Life 12/16 oz can, Miller High Life Ice, Miller High Life Light 12 oz can, Miller Lite 3.2%, Miller Lite Beer, Milwaukee’s Best #1 , Milwaukee’s Best Ice, Milwaukee’s Best Light #1 3.2, Molson Canadian, Molson Canadian Light, Molson Golden, Molson Ice, Molson XXX, Olde English 800 Malt Liquor, Sparks Light

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Screwing with the availability of beer in this country is like Russian roulette with no empty chambers.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well wait I just heard something about this and by labor day no more cigerettes either since the state can't get the tax stamps to the sellers. Sorry guys I find the kind of funny since it is about to happen in Washington at the federal level and not a damned thing can be done to stop it that I see. Welcome to the new world order folks it is upon us now.