• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

small wheel (boggie)supports

KRC

I have bent and twisted wheel supports. This was the condition they were in when I bought it. I don't know what caused it probably some rough riding (or possibly having to swerve real fast because some Kristi was stalled in the trail, Sorry Bob had to add that). I noticed on some pictures the trackmaster has a stiffener on the front set of wheels. Could this be done to all tandem sets or is there suppose to be some flex in them. Say, weld a length of angle iron along one side?

Attachments

• P1070858.JPG
    P1070858.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 363
  • P1070859.JPG
    P1070859.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 354

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't see any reason why you could not add some angle iron to stiffen them up. I just looked over mine and mine are straight, I see no reason why lateral flex would be desirable in any way.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 367

KRC

that is what I was thinking but since I am new to this I just wanted some advice about the matter. thanks

KRC

After much wailing and nashing of teeth I got the twists and bends out of one side and welded on some angle iron supports. Pics to follow.

KRC

Here's the pics

Attachments

• P1120866.JPG
    P1120866.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 324
  • P1120868.JPG
    P1120868.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 323
  • P1120869.JPG
    P1120869.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 319

KRC

I don't know of a source for solid rubber tires. Mine came with all solid but I am going to go back to air filled and probably gel fill them. I am going to put a solid in the second position on each side. Most people put a brass wheel there but I don't know where to get some of those either. Most people said that the solids are real noisey. My solids are in pretty bad shape. Hope you find what your looking for.

SnowTrac Hunter

Having gone through having bent boggie carriers on my SnowTrac it is frustrating to experience. I took some dimensions from two that I am sending to Nome and made a quick sketch. Hope someone finds them useful.

Attachments

• Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.pdf
    897.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5951.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.jpg
    Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
The axel tubes and holes were completely worn out of mine so I drew up a new set and burned then out on the plasma table. I changed all of the straight lines into gentle curves and eliminated the weld.

d202c755717305baf1e686ebe0fe1495.jpg

f5a8e1dd10a0d3d3fe01d1c4d452f68b.jpg

SnowTrac Hunter

The axel tubes and holes were completely worn out of mine so I drew up a new set and burned then out on the plasma table. I changed all of the straight lines into gentle curves and eliminated the weld.

d202c755717305baf1e686ebe0fe1495.jpg

f5a8e1dd10a0d3d3fe01d1c4d452f68b.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Looks great! What thickness of plate did you use? I wish I still had access to a plasma table. Shop I used to work at just closed its doors. Let us know how the new design holds up.

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
It was only 1/4” because I had it on hand and that was the original thickness. I did see other posts about the plates getting twisted and would have gone with 5/16” if I had it.