• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Motorcycles I've owned

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
1982/3/4 Yamaha 650 Heritage Special (don't remember the exact year, but around there somewhere)
1994 Honda 1100 Shadow

I miss the 650. Ex-girlfriend got ticked that I was hanging out at a buddies house instead of coming straight home after work. She tracked me down and ran over the bike with her pickup while it was parked in my buddies driveway. Women, sheesh!

Attachments

• 5c80_3.jpg
    5c80_3.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Shadow.jpg
    Shadow.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob- was that 650 one of those vibrating pigs like mine? I remember mine rumbled like a wannabe harley........seat was hard as a rock and after 15 miles, I couldn't feel my butt anymore.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
That be it!! After a couple hundred miles, I'd get off of it and my hands, etc would be numb! A great across-town bike, but rough for any distance. Always seemed to need one more gear! I had pretty close to 100K on it. Rode it all year long, even in a little snow (I was young and foolish). Electric and kick start, by the way.

The Shadow is a much nicer ride, except when cold rain water puddles in the cushy seat! :4_11_9:

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds about right! I've seen others with a softer seat but mine was basically equivalent to a peice of lumber with 1/2 inch of padding on it. It put a milder version of ape hanger handlebars on mine and had the foam paded handlegrips just to lessen the vibrations. I remember one time I had mistakenly left the ignition on which killed the battery. When I went to kick start it, I discovered that my kickstart wouldn't catch fully. The familly jewels have never really recovered from that episode!:smileywac

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, that deserves another :4_11_9: !!

Looking at RedRockers pictures, he must buy crappy film or he is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really old.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't include my '78 Pacer Moped. Not really a motorcycle and you'd all probably just laugh at me.

You're laughing, aren't you? Stop.

Ok, ok, you can stop now.

No, really. I mean it. Stop!

Ah, come on!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh this may take a while!!
1999 Suzuki DR650 Dual sport
1995 Kawasaki 550 street bike
1980 CB900 Custom street bike
1979 Kawasaki KDX 420 Dirt bike
1979 Kawasaki KE100 dirt bike
1978 Honda CB450 street bike
1977 Honda CB360 street bike
1977 Yamaha DT175 Dirt bike
1976 Yamaha DT175 Dirt bike
1975 Kawasaki KE175 Dirt bike
1970 Honda CB100 Street bike
I am sure their is more let me get out the ol photo album:pat:

Back when my skin [and skull] were thicker, I [once and once only!] rode a worn out CB350 from Sioux Falls to Rapid City. I got there, barely, but it sounded like a weedeater on wheels at 70mph across I90. I actually enjoyed the same trip on a CX500, but still a bit weak for the task. I finally got a Suzuki 1000, which had the power, but too tempermental, so I said no more bikes 'till I can afford a Harley.....still waiting!

RedRocker

Well, that deserves another :4_11_9: !!

Looking at RedRockers pictures, he must buy crappy film or he is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really old.

Hey, that's the best 110 you could get in 69 or 70!!
And yes, I'm just really really really old!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't include my '78 Pacer Moped. Not really a motorcycle and you'd all probably just laugh at me.

You're laughing, aren't you? Stop.

Ok, ok, you can stop now.

No, really. I mean it. Stop!

Ah, come on!

Moped????? :pat: That's pretty much equivalent to a "Kristi". Just a wannabe in the motorcycle world. Just like a Kristi is a wannabe in the snowcat world.

Moped says: "When I grow up, I'm gunna be a harley!"

Kristi snowcat says: "When I grow up, I'm gunna be a Tucker!"

Actually Mopeds are cool! Used to have one!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Moped????? :pat: That's pretty much equivalent to a "Kristi". Just a wannabe in the motorcycle world. Just like a Kristi is a wannabe in the snowcat world.

Moped says: "When I grow up, I'm gunna be a harley!"

Kristi snowcat says: "When I grow up, I'm gunna be a Tucker!"

quote]

Well I don't think that was really called for .........

Whats that saying " He who laughs last ......laughs best " We shall see real soon whose #1 and it won't be a Pimp Imp, Puckered Tucker, Snot Trac, Snot Blaster , or a LSD . It shall be Yetti !!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Thank you ... Thank you very much .