• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Felt so lost

JayC

Huh?
The battery in my watch died today. Talk about a feeling of being lost. Even though there are clocks all over the place, when I don't have the watch it is so weird. Got a new battery and I put it in. Now things seem to be all better again.:drink::D Does anyone else feel lost without a watch?:eek:

BoneheadNW

JayC said:
Does anyone else feel lost without a watch?:eek:

Kinda, I do feel out of sorts when my sundial is not working. Actually, I feel really out of it without my computer. I could use my wife's computer when mine goes pits up, but it's just not the same. The same with the computer at work, it has a different feel to it. :sun1:
Bonehead

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Actually, I feel really out of it without my computer. I could use my wife's computer when mine goes pits up, but it's just not the same.

Too funny! My laptop took a crap last week, and I am using my wifes until I can get some replacement parts (cooling fan).

Also, I don't think I have worn a watch in over 15 years...can't stand the weight on my wrist. My timetelling is much more organic....hungry, I eat. Tired, I sleep. Actually, I have an uncanny sense of time, and I can usually tell the time within 15 minutes if someone asks, or I need to head into the house to do something.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have not worn a watch for over 30 years. Saw a friend of mine I was working with weld his watch to an electrical panel. Since I have mine hand in electrical panels all the time I just quit wearing them. And I always had to paint nail polish on the back of them because of this stupid sensative skin I have.

murph

JayC

Huh?
Dave & murph -

You two must be talking about those metal monstrosities. I can't stand metal watches. I'll never wear them again. They're heavy and flop around. If I have one of those metal self-adjusting bands, they'll make my wrist itch. I'll just get the standard buckle type bands from now on.

BoneheadNW said:
Actually, I feel really out of it without my computer.

You just had to bring that up, didn't you.:moon::D

Something is going on with my computer. Not sure what it is. I'm hoping it is just the monitor. I built this computer, but kept the old monitor. It is 6 years old. The video card in the computer is less than a year old. If one goes I'm not looking forward to replacing either. Also, I absolutely, positively, definately HATE Windows XP. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I have never had as many problems with the old Win9.x platforms (Win 95, Win 98, Win ME) combined as I have had with Windows XP. The simplest operation can take the stupid OS down. Did I mention I hate it?:2gunsfiri:drink::D

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I had nothing but problems with ME so I upgraded to XP Professional and no more problems. Are you using XP Home? I have heard that there are problems with that version.

JayC

Huh?
hehe Win ME was probably my most reliable, worry free, and trouble free OS I had. Right now I am using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 (came on the disc). I'm no newbie to Windows, but XP makes me nervous. I'm afraid if I look at it wrong I'll get the blue screen of death.
bsod46vu.gif
pcfite.gif
:eek:

BoneheadNW

JayC said:
Also, I absolutely, positively, definately HATE Windows XP. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I have never had as many problems with the old Win9.x platforms (Win 95, Win 98, Win ME) combined as I have had with Windows XP. The simplest operation can take the stupid OS down. Did I mention I hate it?:2gunsfiri:drink::D

Now we know what to get you for your birthday. :happybday :dancing: :alc: What size t shirt do you wear?
Bonehead

JayC

Huh?
BoneheadNW said:
Now we know what to get you for your birthday. :happybday :dancing: :alc: What size t shirt do you wear?
Bonehead

Lucky for me my birthday isn't until next July. Btw, I'm saying what size shirt I wear.:eek::moon::D