• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They had to do something to end the standoff. The measure might not stand but it should get the democrats back in the state.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They had to do something to end the standoff. The measure might not stand but it should get the democrats back in the state.

It's not a budget bill so the idea is that they only need a simple majority to pass it. Only time will tell if it will stand.

Jim

grizzer

They should have stopped everything & shut down the State.

Obama is quietly pushing recall petitions against the Repubs....

Now the bully pulpit has the upper hand.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Not locally, where it counts. The thing that the press is not reporting (as usual) is the vast wave of local support for Walker.

Walker was elected on the platform of CUTTING GOVERNMENT! We all know this and continue to support him and those on his side. The affirmative action, communist in chief also knows this and has positioned himself on the losing side, yet again.

The best thing that can happen to the movement that is retaking Wisconsin is to have the affirmative action communist in chief stick his nose in our business.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights

Bypassing Democrats hiding out in Illinois, Wisconsin Senate Republicans voted Wednesday night to strip state workers of their collective bargaining rights

Good.............. bus drivers making $159,000 a year with almost 100K of it overtime. If they take a phone call to be ask for OT they automatically get 1/2 hour OT .................. ain't any fucking wonder WI is broke!

I think if more union contract perks were revealed to the public it would be a mass suicide for the unions!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cam & Company Radio Show (Sirrius radio) was talking about this and there is a rumor that the PRIVATE and PUBLIC unions may call for a "general strike" to shut down businesses and government.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Cam & Company Radio Show (Sirrius radio) was talking about this and there is a rumor that the PRIVATE and PUBLIC unions may call for a "general strike" to shut down businesses and government.

Such action didn't work out too well for the air traffic controllers if I recall history correctly.

BTW, has anyone noticed the clear spin in the description and title of the article? Stripped of their rights? I'm not so sure bankrupting a state or even a company is anyone's "right".

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Such action didn't work out too well for the air traffic controllers if I recall history correctly.
That was when we had a REAL president with a set of balls of his own...not one who's balls are being squeezed by a hand from the sleeve of a purple jacket (SEIU) that put him in office. You sell your soul to the devil and this is the kind of president you get. Not sure if the governor has the balls to do this to his state workers if they strike. If he does, there will be a lot of job openings in Wisconsin real soon. We are witnessing firsthand what today's unions are really made of. Don't it just make you just want to run out and join one?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tough shit for the Dems, huh?
They could have come back at any time during the last 2 weeks, but they didn't.
Now, this.
Elections have consequences.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Let them strike and see what most in the private sector experience when they are out of work. Cutting government down to a level folks can live with is going to be a needed thing nationwide. Folks need to be aware of just how bad some have been abusing their tax dollars.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Democratic Sens. Bob Jauch said if Republicans "chose to ram this bill through in this fashion, it will be to their political peril.
Here in Indiana our Governor (Mitch Daniels) was elected into office about 6 years ago and he simply made, by executive order, mandatory membership and forced collective bargaining for public sector unions, illegal.

He caught grief for it and politically looked dead for a while. Now he is one of the most popular Hoosier Governors in history. I'd love to see him run for President.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder. I'd bet they may try to still stay away to keep everything locked up...
If I understand right according to the news this morning its been 3 weeks allready , How are they able to get away with this childish bullshit & are they still drawing wages ? :unsure:

Something is really fucked up in our system if this type of behavior is allowed of elected officials . :hammer:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
They have to personally pick up their paychecks, though one democRAT signed over financial power of attorney to one of his staffers to get around this. Also, they are now being fined $100/day to stay away.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
They have to personally pick up their paychecks, though one democRAT signed over financial power of attorney to one of his staffers to get around this. Also, they are now being fined $100/day to stay away.
Sounds to me like if they are still drawing wages their getting paid to be complete childish assholes and the 100 dollar fine is more then likely a mere pitance to what they make , I also dont doubt they figure out away to expence it .

These fuckers should be fired on the spot, if not jailed or thrown out of the country they were elected to serve . I just dont get it :hammer::hammer:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They should have stopped everything & shut down the State.

Obama is quietly pushing recall petitions against the Repubs....

Now the bully pulpit has the upper hand.
If Obama gets involved, then there is clearly a violation of the 10th amendment, and he should be impeached.

I have not seen any report of this happening, although it would not surprise me.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Can anyone here tell me if the legislators that are hiding in Illinois could be considered in dereliction of duty?

Maybe I do not understand. Thye do not have the votes to stop the legislature. All they can do is further penalize the citizens of the state by stopping the budget repair.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My only question is did this have anything to do with the budget, since all the unions involved (didn't include those that backed this guy for governor, Police and fire for example) are willing to cut back what he asked or was this about stripping the unions of collective bargaining in general? First it was part of the budget and now it isn't makes on wonder what it is really all about. Oh and I might add that the public service unions there, most have no strike clauses in their contracts at least what I have heard from more than one source.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
What about the major tax cut given to business in the state? Now from my understanding with out that the state would of been running a with a bit more than needed. Now show me where I'm wrong or that is the news I've heard is wrong, since that is all I have to go by.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
A tax cut to the businesses in the state is a tax cut to the customers!

What don't liberals understand about this? A business is going to need x% return from their investment and adjust margin to reach that %. If taxes are raised by 100,000 a year, the price goes up 100,000. Simple.

150 years ago there wasn't any business taxes. If businesses paid all the taxes added since then, not being passed on to the customer, there would be no businesses left. They would be broke. Get it?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, they make money the same as you or I on wages don't they? Shouldn't they pay into to run the country they call their home? Simple questions perhaps but also simple fact.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Joe, a business passes taxes on to the customer, just like it does the cost of raw materials, overhead, payroll, etc.

Here's how it works:
(costs + margin) / units = selling price.
example (2,000,000 + 40,000) / 100,000 = $20.40 each

A budget is developed, and pricing set. The budget included taxes, aka - costs. So, if taxes go up 100,000, and everything else stays the same, the equation becomes:
((costs+100,000) + margin) / units = selling price
example ((2,000,000 + 100,000) + 40,000) / 100,000 = $21.40 each

WHO PAYS THE TAX of $1.00 per unit?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, they make money the same as you or I on wages don't they? Shouldn't they pay into to run the country they call their home? Simple questions perhaps but also simple fact.
Businesses do not pay taxes. Never have, never will. To a business, taxes are simply another line item on the expense side. You add up the gross income, you subtract the gross expenses, and whatever is left over is the profit. Makes no difference whether the expense is labor, raw goods, or taxes, plant and equipment, or overhead.

When labor, taxes, raw goods, or any other expense gets too high. The business has no alternatives but to seek alternative sources. If labor gets too high, business will go elsewhere. If the cost of raw goods gets too high, alternate sources must be found. If taxes get too high, other states or countries will be glad to have them.

In any case, no business can remain in business if costs exceed the price the consumer is willing to pay,or the price at which a competitor is willing to sell. plus a profit.

Simple as that

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is no business in the world that actually pays taxes, they build the 'cost' of the tax into their product or service and pass that cost onto their customers.

Its very simple.

Tax oil profits and the cost at the pump goes up.
Tax a plumber's services and his service charge for the visit will increase.
Tax tobacco with an excise tax and I'll raise the selling price on cigars in my shop.