• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christmas Cards.......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Don't forget them on your Christmas card list.....

Yes, Christmas cards. This is coming early (really early) so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.
Read on........

What a GREAT idea!

Fun with the ACLU......
Wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS? Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year.

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN, card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it

Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude. (It's Not the Christian Way, you know!)

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions. So spend 39 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone. Also tell them that there is no such thing as a "Holiday Tree". . . . It's a Christmas Tree even in the fields!!

And pass this on to your email lists. We really want to communicate with the ACLU! They really DESERVE us!!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Excellent idea!!!! I hope every Christian in the WORLD sends them at least one card. The wife and I will send more than one each to them.I've been trying to figure some way to screw around w/ them and I think this is the best idea ever. I really hope this has the "snowball" effect and turns into an avalanche of mail for them.
Mike

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Capital idea!! Wonder what they would think if guys like Mith and Vin, and others from around the world would do the same?:yum::burp::burp::tiphat:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Great Idea! Thanks for bringing this up - you see so little support for "Christmas" anymore. Time to get off my :horsepoop: , and get busy filling out my Christmas (NOT "XMAS") cards!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Thought I'd re-open this to remind everyone to send a card or two to them.
Mike

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Hey...... don't forget me... I would like to get a few Christmas cards, Xmas cards, Quanza cards, Hannaka cards, birthday card, Easter cards, Valentines Day cards, and every other type of card there is except for Get Well and Sympathy... :hide:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
What is a Quanza?
Nobody really knows for sure. Not wanting to sound like a bigot, but I'm very certain that no white person has a clue. The blacks I know also have no clue and it is some sort of a holiday for them. It also spelled a couple other ways, I see it in the Chicago area spelled Kwanza and alternately Kwanzaa. It is supposed to have something to do with black heritage dating back to Africa and interweaving that with Christmas??? Or something like that. I've never seen a reasonable explaination that makes sense to me.

http://www.tike.com/celeb-kw.htm

[SIZE=+3]EVERYTHING ABOUT KWANZAA...[/SIZE]
kwanlog4.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. It is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means "first fruits of the harvest" in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance. Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times. When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional "a" to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).[/SIZE][/FONT]​

One of the many things that baffles me is that many of the Blacks I interact with state it is related to Christmas, but the above reference refutes that.

Another thing odd is that this is supposed to be uniquely American, but the above reference states it is celebrated by 18 million people worldwide. Hmmm???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glink, thanks for posting that because it sent me off onto the internet to dig around for the origins of Kwanzaa.

It appears to have been developed by a Marxist who believes that all religions are "mythical" and should be dismissed. It also appears that it is centered around Christmas to divert attention away from both Christmas and Christianity. Doing a web search on the founder of Kwanzaa (Maulana Karenga) turned up some interesting results, and many were less than complimentary.

So after reading about it I went to speak to a black woman who I trust and respect and asked her about Kwanzaa. She is educated and aware. First, she said she didn't know anyone who celebrated it. Second she didn't really know what it actually stood for, who founded it, or that it was anti-religion and/or anti-Christmas. Hmmm. I now wonder how many African-Americans have a clue what Kwanzaa really is and if they did, would they support it or rally against it?