• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite beers

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the beers from Ommegang, Belgian style brews from Cooperstown, N.Y.
They make 5 or so on a regular basis, along with specials and seasonals. This was their Christmas 10 gift pack. Rare Vos is probably my favorite, but all are good.

Thread bump.

This years Ommegang gift pack. Three Philosophers, Rare Vos, Tripel Perfection, 750's+1 glass. Less than $16 at Costco here.

Some of the best beers made in US IMO.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got hooked on a brew out of Cleveland. Fat Head's Holly Jolly Christmas Ale. Spicy, full flavored and @ over 7% ABV, it's a sippin beer. Ain't cheap neither @ $40/case.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I found another one in Durango. It's Steamworks Brewery Backslider Stout. Not distributed, you have to go there to drink it. The food is pretty good too.

The Blue Corn Brewery and Cafe in Santa Fe is worth a visit. When I went there the food was good but nothing spectacular but they have 3 dark beers that are well worth trying. They had an English type ale that was outstanding, an oatmeal stout that was very, very good and an IPA that was well worth drinking. Thank goodnes I wasn't driving that night. :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Thread bump.

This years Ommegang gift pack. Three Philosophers, Rare Vos, Tripel Perfection, 750's+1 glass. Less than $16 at Costco here.

Some of the best beers made in US IMO.

Yes, Omegang. Yummy. Very nice for a Belgium beer.
I also enjoy heavy stouts and porters.
Used to be a Bud -type guy. but now like flavor.
Beers out of this Omegang glass actually do taste better!

Attachments

• 2013-11-28_08-25-24_681.jpg
    2013-11-28_08-25-24_681.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 103

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Omegang. Yummy. Very nice for a Belgium beer.
I also enjoy heavy stouts and porters.
Used to be a Bud -type guy. but now like flavor.
Beers out of this Omegang glass actually do taste better!

The gift pack comes with a Tripel Perfection glass. Similar to a Hennepin glass, different logo.

Umberto

Picked up a case of these while in Canada. Not available here in Ohio. I could have gotten 2 cases, wish I would have, it's running out.

Alexander Keith excellent as is Sleeman's. I used to get Sleeman's at the local TOP but it is not imported anymore.

I like all the IPA's and the NW micro breweries are making some good one's.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't drink any more ( I have my reasons for that) but there is nothing more redneck than PBR.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We just has a new microbrewery open up down the street from me and they claim they will have new kinds of beer every week.

I like Fat Tire Ale from the new Belgium Brewery in Co. Guinness stout is also OK.

I'm not without a variety of choices in beers, the liquor store across the street from me carries over 300 kinds of beer and the owner lets you make up your own 6 pack of different kinds of beer. He claims you could drink a different beer everyday and never have the same one twice in a year. :w00t2: