• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Question Of Bread

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's said that a sandwich is only as good as the bread you use for making them.
I tend to agree.
Are you a bargain white bread shopper, or do you have a specific brand/type that you use?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll tell you what I miss.
A bread that I used to buy in the U.K.
It was called Blackpool Milk Roll, round loaf of bread that made perfectly cute sandwiches lol

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Sometimes the 79 cent dough-white bread.

Sometimes the fresh Italian or Vienna that comes from the bakery. My favorite is the local bakery's sourdough.

It depends on my mood.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Great Harvest -- chain bakery that uses whole grains and no preservatives. Good dense breads.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Any bread that is 100% whole wheat and without hydrogenated oils, mono/di- glycerides and corn syrup.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I'll tell you what I miss.
A bread that I used to buy in the U.K.
It was called Blackpool Milk Roll, round loaf of bread that made perfectly cute sandwiches lol

i like a Brit one called a bloomer.....fresh white with a nice crust....perfect for cutting thick and having cheese on toast.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I like white bread! Don't want to eat the other stuff! However, in an effort to be more healthily correct, we have switched to Sara Lee Whole Grain White.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Wheat bread for sure. I HATE rye bread. Ate a sandwich in the Denver airport yesterday that was made from some AWESOME wheat bread. Wonder what kind it was...:mellow:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
wheat or multi grain for me for a sandwich................and I like BIG breads, not the puny sizes.

for toast it is white, or a mutli grain bagle with fat free spread.

for a breakfast out it is biscuits with gravy, white, and I know not healthy

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i like a Brit one called a bloomer.....fresh white with a nice crust....perfect for cutting thick and having cheese on toast.

With HP sauce, I hope!
I still make those under the broiler (grill) Galvi, and beans on toast ;)

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It's said that a sandwich is only as good as the bread you use for making them.
I tend to agree.
Are you a bargain white bread shopper, or do you have a specific brand/type that you use?

We get a variety, and make our own too.

One thing we like to do, is after brewing beer, use some of the steeped black patent, crystal, and chocolate malts in the recipe. We'll add about 1/2 cup to a loaf. Really yummy!

American Girl

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: Whatever Generic Brand is cheapest. I'm more concerned about the bread that lines my pocket than I am about the bread that fills my stomach. If this is all you guys have to talk about today, you must be REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY bored! :rolf2:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: Whatever Generic Brand is cheapest. I'm more concerned about the bread that lines my pocket than I am about the bread that fills my stomach. If this is all you guys have to talk about today, you must be REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY bored! :rolf2:
then it's your job to come up with more "interesting/spicy" topics to discuss, isn't it? :mrgreen:

American Girl

then it's your job to come up with more "interesting/spicy" topics to discuss, isn't it? :mrgreen:

You're absolutely right, hon. But right now I'm too busy in the true colors thread...will have to work on spicy topics later...hope you can handle the heat....:shifty:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
You're absolutely right, hon. But right now I'm too busy in the true colors thread...will have to work on spicy topics later...hope you can handle the heat....:shifty:
as i used to do some blacksmithing as a hobby - I have strong hands that can take a LOT of heat...

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
as i used to do some blacksmithing as a hobby - I have strong hands that can take a LOT of heat...

Well... mostly from dealing with yerself I reckon... :poke: Nevermind the callouses...

:batterUp:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
how do we go from bread to calusses on hands......oh yeah AG is BACK, life is great again..................hey there gal.....

resume posting, this is getting good