• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Energy drinks?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Miller Lite always worked for me!

I don't always drink, but when I do, it's Miller Lite. :brows: Probably wouldn't work for on the road stuff though. Besides, I'm a big time light weight on drinking anymore. In college, on a bet, I easily drank a full case of 24 Miller Lites and really didn't feel drunk. Now, if I drink more than one or two, I am toast and get a hangover! :sad:

LOL, I remember in college when we'd buy the cheapest stuff because we didn't have any money. Remember the solid white cans that just said "Beer" on them? Pounded more than a few of them back. Took a spring break trip to Ft. Lauderdale with 10 cases of Schaffer's Lite and a 5 pound can of tuna fish and a big jar of pickled hard boiled eggs. Good gosh, talk about smelly farts!! Man, they were on a different level. Then when the open can of tuna turned over in the cooler, big cooler, about 40 of our cans of beer smelled like fish no matter how much we tried washing them. Had some moochers snag some of our beers (well, we were staying in their room; the only other option was to sleep in my El Camino) they kept saying "You guys smell fish?". We just said "no". Nobody ever figured out it was the cans of beer! :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Rolling rock and Miller in the 7oz. pony bottles. I could show you more than a few block walls with the cores filled with them bottles. Used to mud them into the top courses to pour the concrete cap on.:yum::yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Red Bull when driving ............ and sitting at the bar (Jagerbomb)

Smoochy

I used to drink a ton of Monster, Red Bull, and Venom. I rarely drink them anymore though, they normally make me feel sick now.

kevin_oh56

I like how 5 Hr Energy's are convenient, not a big fan of the Monster type deals. Has anyone ever tried Eternal Energy shot? I saw it at Wally World, it was right next to 5 hour. Curious if anyone's tried it?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never tried an energy drink. No need. I run out of energy, I take a nap. La vie est belle!
Same here. When your body tells you it's time for a nap, pay attention to it. I'm always amazed how a 15-20 minute nap give me the extra stamina to make it through a busy evening after a busy day. If you cannot fit a power nap into your schedule, chance are that you are too busy and need to reevaluate your priorities. JMHO

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to wonder what is in the 5hr energy. I tried it, not because I needed energy but to see what all the hoopla was about. I got nothing from it. Might have been because i was not tired. No matter, I don't feel the need for stuff like that. I don't do power naps yet either but once I'm old maybe that habit will catch up with me. :yum:
I have to wonder if part of the hoopla over 5hr energy and others like it, is all mental. If you expect something to increase your power or stamina that your mind takes over and it feels that burst of energy. :confused: Nothing to base this on other than trying the product one time when I wasn't even looking for a burst of energy.

If it works for you, how long does it take to have an affect? Can you take it day after day and get the same boost every time?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
If you already have a caffeine habit from coffee or soda then you probably won't get much from 5hr energy or any other energy drink. It's just caffeine and some extra voodoo.