• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone will probably have to call the city and complain to get that fixed. Do not presume that anyone will come to fix it without complaints going to the city ASAP

Post Office may suspend service until it is back in place too!

FWIW, no photos, but dinner was acorn squash stuffed with sweet italian sausage in a marinara sauce.

Bob, I'm not sure who is going to be responsible for repairing the mailboxes.
I walked out there and the white wooden posts are snapped right off.
They are still on the ground.
I Googled for answers, it's saying either the landlords or the post office's responsibility.
I guess we'll find out in the morning.
That van is one that drops our dialysis patients off after rehab. They had just left the facility.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The maintenance crew fixed the mailboxes back on the posts.
Looks like they had to replace two of them, because they used to be all silver.
Two white ones now.
I'm working today through Friday.

20191112_120112.jpg

Bamby

I've just mixed up and sat down with my gallon of eruption in a jug. It must be somewhat like a death row inmate feels like on the walk to the death chamber. It's really hard to believe how much of this awful stuff is supposivly necessary to get the job done.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've just mixed up and sat down with my gallon of eruption in a jug. It must be somewhat like a death row inmate feels like on the walk to the death chamber. It's really hard to believe how much of this awful stuff is supposivly necessary to get the job done.

I take it that you have a colonoscopy tomorrow? :bolt:

The hardest part of the whole ordeal is the prep. That and the drive to the hospital the next morning hoping that you can make it and not embarrass yourself on the way. Good luck!!! :moon:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up early. Taking the lovely Mrs_Bob to the airport. She flies to San Jose to visit Melen.

She will return, with Melen and Nelson the Corgi, on the 19th. Melen will remain home for 2 weeks before returning to San Jose until Christmas, when she will return again.

I've been wiring in some new light fixtures at the fencing club. Adding to the lights. We had a few dim areas so this will give us more even lighting across the entire room. I generally measure the success of my handyman jobs based on the amount of swearing others hear combined with the amount of blood loss I incur. So far this has been a reasonably successful project. Some minor blood loss and the occasion curse word muttered, but volumes were low so we are doing pretty well so far.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Single digit cold here...:hammer:

Just talked to my eldest son.
Number 1 Granddaughter is starting classes for fire and rescue.
She's going to be a firefighter!
Go Kasey!
:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Go Kasey!

Has she been to the local fire department and talked with the fire fighters? If not, it would be a fun day for you to have with her.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting. The gym this morning and physio this afternoon.
I need to get back to the gym! I'm spending so much time with the high school fencers that I don't get into the gym to take care of myself.

Ditto here this morning and no motivation to go outside :hammer:

Currently roasting a harlequin pumpkin in the oven stuffed with mushrooms, yellow peppers, rice and marinara. Mixed in some hot sauce + maple syrup for a sweet/heat flavor profile.

Probably leaving here about 4pm to go back to the fencing club to finish up the wiring of the light fixtures that I started yesterday. We have open fencing tonight starting at 6:30pm so it gives me a couple of hours to get the wiring done and the fixtures hung before anyone shows up. All the tools are already there on my workbench. Might even grab an overpriced fancy Starbucks coffee to reward myself for a job well done?

Bamby

Well I survived the ordeal and was home by 10. Everything ended up ok without creating a undesirable mess anywhere. It was determined I'm now good for 5 which will be plenty soon enough for me.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, After the work stuff today I washed the hauler and loaded the Tucker. Its going to the Mountain Saturday to drop off at the RV storage and none too soon. Weather report says a couple snow days at the end of November and a lot of snow in December. I can't wait I'm done with summer although we got the rare fall weather this year where we got a month of 75 ish degree weather when the norm is hot until the first winter storm then cold and rain skipping fall completely. My son is going to follow me so I can leave the rig there so after we drop it of we can do some shooting or hiking for the day the come home on Sunday. I had intended to do Christmas at the cabin this year but I don't think I got far enough on the cabin to make that happen this year so it will have to be next year. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 89

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Has she been to the local fire department and talked with the fire fighters? If not, it would be a fun day for you to have with her.

She hangs out at the fire departments Lenny to get experience and tips from the others.
She's accomplished so much in her life this past year alone.
Very proud of her!

I work the 6-10p shift this evening.

Bamby

Currently roasting a harlequin pumpkin in the oven stuffed with mushrooms, yellow peppers, rice and marinara. Mixed in some hot sauce + maple syrup for a sweet/heat flavor profile.

Sorry but the above is a complete loss even my search engine results reflected on pumpkin decoration, natta on consumption....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry but the above is a complete loss even my search engine results reflected on pumpkin decoration, natta on consumption....

Harlequin pumpkins/squashes are pretty little things that make for a lovely meal.
They're loaded with vitamin A.
Martha Stewart has some recipes using them.
Sounds good to me, the recipe Bob made.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
She hangs out at the fire departments Lenny to get experience and tips from the others.
She's accomplished so much in her life this past year alone.
Very proud of her!

I work the 6-10p shift this evening.

That's wonderful!

I have a few buddies who are retired cops. I've had them talk with young adults who were interested in that career. It's good to keep kids focused on a good future for themselves.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I took a trip to town first thing this morning to run a few errands then back out to our paradise in the woods to work in the garage. I fired up the woodstove then a friend came over to do a brake job on his truck. This evening i plan to go back to the city to visit another friend who is here for heart surgery tomorrow. He's very frail and there's a chance he may not pull through.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to Council Bluffs to have lunch with some buddies at Golden Corral (All you can eat....YAY) and then some errands while there.

Bamby

That's wonderful!

I have a few buddies who are retired cops. I've had them talk with young adults who were interested in that career. It's good to keep kids focused on a good future for themselves.

That's one of the hugest changes that has taken place since I was a kid. Then the whole world seemed so open with a lot of career paths or opportunities where a person could earn a decent living.

Now almost all those opportunities have been exported leaving behind only waitress, waiter, and cashier jobs. Which mostly fail to pay enough for substance for ones self let alone consider following the American dream.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob and her sister decided to remodel the guest house.

Today both are out of town. I will be at the guest house fixing what was started so it is, once again, habitable and usable.

If anyone needs me just follow the melodic tones of my swearing. You will hear it singing out over the frozen Hoosier hilltops just like when Julie Andrews was singing in the Austrian mountains in THE SOUND OF MUSIC

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
That's one of the hugest changes that has taken place since I was a kid. Then the whole world seemed so open with a lot of career paths or opportunities where a person could earn a decent living.

Now almost all those opportunities have been exported leaving behind only waitress, waiter, and cashier jobs. Which mostly fail to pay enough for substance for ones self let alone consider following the American dream.

Yeah, exporting jobs and importing cheap labor. I wish they would uit screwing arround with the Russian collusion and impeachment and fix this crap!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from Plainfiel IL where I purchased a used 2006 Jeep grand Cherokee Limited with "Trail ready" options.

I has everything including heated seas, opening moon roof, trailer package and the 5.7 litre HEMI V8. Tires are brand new, even the full size spare.

It has a few warts but the body is perfect and it runs very well. Interior is perfect.

300 mile trip home my only negative is the mileage.

th

158K on the clock got it for $5300.

The navigation screen/radio module come on and off intermittently. And the cruise control is winky over 90 MPH. Ignition key lock sticks. But, for now, I can live with that.

We'll see how the State safety check goes. If I don't have to do a brake job them I'll spend money on the nav/radio.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today was paperwork day then put some things together for the Tucker to carry in the way of repairs. Tomorrow morning my son and I are headed to the mountain to drop off the Tucker and hauler at the RV storage then I think we will do some shooting and hiking around then head home on Sunday. I will go back when I can as the summer work schedule is replaced with the get it done winter work schedule, if I can go once a month in the winter I will be happy. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Just talked to my eldest son.
Go Kasey!

Great career move!:applause:

I was a firefighter paramedic. Best years of my life.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today was paperwork day then put some things together for the Tucker to carry in the way of repairs. Tomorrow morning my son and I are headed to the mountain to drop off the Tucker and hauler at the RV storage then I think we will do some shooting and hiking around then head home on Sunday. I will go back when I can as the summer work schedule is replaced with the get it done winter work schedule, if I can go once a month in the winter I will be happy. Marty

hi all, just returned from taking the Tucker and the hauler to the mountain, all went well for the first half. When got off the freeway in Chico on hwy 32 which goes up into the mountains I stopped and filled up as the gas tank holds 17 gallons and was getting around 10 mpg. on the freeway and there is 70 miles that there is no gas. After filling up we headed up then about 15 miles into the mountains it started starving for fuel AGAIN! I got off the road barley and changed the filter again and still nothing. The fuel pump was delivering fuel but soon after starting it it would starve. I was thinking vapor lock, float sticking and a host of other things. The carburetor is an Edelbrock based on a Carter and I am familiar with them. i remembered they had a cintered bronze filter under the fuel inlet. I removed the fuel inlet and no filter but there is a little screen about the size of a pencil eraser packed full of crap. I cleaned it off put everything back and now runs great again. ( new gas tank and fuel pick up with new filter then driven around locally for at least 20 miles then 150 miles on the freeway with no problem then as soon as I hit the mountain road it cramps out WTF ?? the crap on the screen must have been there as I can't imagine it got through a filter, it must have been jumbling around on the screen then randomly arranged its self into the lucky plugged position when I went up the hill) I am very happy with the old truck now ( yesterday I may have given it away on the side of the road while I was screaming like a little girl ) It has plenty of power for the mountains and drives very good even with the Tucker on it. 10 mpg on the freeway 8mpg in the mountains. After dropping it at the RV storage we played around at the cabin watched a couple movies and passed out around 8pm woke up at 4:30 am got gone at 7:30 stopped for breakfast got home at noon. Let it snow. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to church in Wauseon.

Since then the recliner, radio, FF,NCT and Facebook have been my best friends.
:tongue:
P.S. - it's dark already grrr

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I skipped church yesterday but did go Saturday for the abbreviated shorter service I play music at. I didn't do much else yesterday. Today a buddy is bringing over his snowblower to give it a tune up.

My wife has been off work since March for parental leave. She starts back today. So for the first time in months, I have the house to myself. That's alright. I have my honeydo list handy.

Today's task is to change out the water valves under the sink in one of the bathrooms as they leak.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.