• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Disrespectful behavior at Arlington National Cemetery

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this on the news this morning and I guess it has went viral online. Apparently this witch works for a retirement community and was in DC on a business trip and thought it would be funny to take this pic. Personally this pic really pisses me off!

Lindsey-Stone-the-douche.jpg

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, for sure the one finger is her IQ!! Matter of fact, her brain is probably located in that finger.
MIKE

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What a rotten bitch to spoil sacred ground like that. But she has the right to do it. Personally i think she should be made to go to Dover AFB and help open some of the body bags. She would get a real perspective of what Arlington is all about.

Leni

I agree Muleman but I'd send her to Afganistan first. Let her see how women are treated there and see what we are fighting for.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Full Details of this dumb ****'s behavior and the consequences so far:

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1718971?preferredArticleViewMode=single

Published: 11/21/2012 10:49am

Two young Massachusetts women have been placed on unpaid leave from their jobs after posting a photo on Facebook showing one of them at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery giving the finger beside a sign calling for silence and respect.
Lindsey Stone, 30, and Jamie Schuh, who took the photo, were placed on unpaid leave by a non-profit, LIFE Inc., based in Hyannis, Mass., which helps adults with special needs, the Cape Cod Time reported on Wednesday.
The chief financial officer of the told the Times that the company is ''appalled.''
A Fire Lindsey Stone page has gotten more than 14,000 "likes."
Stone, who lives with her parents in Plymouth, Mass., and Jamie Schuh, of Mashpee, Mass., said in a statement to the Boston Heraldthat they "never meant any disrespect" for service members and had only intended it as a "visual pun" in response to the sign, not the location or the people represented there.
Stone's father, 61-year-old retired ironworker Peter Stone, told Herald columnist Jessica Heslam that he was "appalled" when he first saw the photo. "I certainly don't condone anything like that," he said.
When asked if his daughter regrets the photo, Peter Stone said "very much so."
Stone apparently posted it on her Facebook page last month as a joke, but quickly sparked outrage from people who saw it, according to Gawker.com.
The photo and comments were removed from her page, but Gawker published a screen shot of Stone's Facebook response to the negative comments.
"Whoa whoa whoa ... wait," Stone wrote on Oct. 20, according to the screen shot on Gawker. "This is just us, being the douchebags that we are, challenging authority in general ... OBVIOUSLY we meant NO disrespect to people that serve or have served our country."
Here is their full statement to the Boston Herald:
We sincerely apologize for all the pain we have caused by posting the picture we took in Washington DC on Facebook. While posted on a public forum, the picture was intended only for our own amusement. We never meant any disrespect to any of the people nationwide who have served this country and defended our freedom so valiantly. It was meant merely as a visual pun, intending to depict the exact opposite of what the sign said, and had absolutely nothing to do with the location it was taken or the people represented there. We never meant to cause any harm or disrespect to anyone, particularly our men and women in uniform. We realize it was in incredibly poor taste, and are deeply sorry for the offense we have caused.
We also sincerely apologize to LIFE, Inc. It is an amazing organization that provides invaluable services to adults with learning and developmental disabilities. We are beyond remorseful that our actions have caused them such undue public scrutiny. The disrespect implied by our picture has nothing at all to do with LIFE's mission statement or values. We regret having caused any suffering to the staff members, residents, families and friends. Again, we very sincerely apologize to everyone who took offense to the photo. We realize that it was an ignorant and distasteful thing for us to do, but we truly meant no harm. We are deeply sorry.

Leni

I don't think any apology is sufficient in this case but what more would you want them to do? A 30 year old ought to have more than enough sense to realize that this photo is very offensive. It could very easily cost both of them their jobs.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you think she has adequately apologized?
Yes. They ought think about helping out a disabled vet as an atonement for their stupidity. They could have done the same "visual pun" just about any place but there. Hallowed ground should not be trivialized.

mak2

Yea, I agree completely. Course if she was a guy a good ass whippin would be in order...
Yes. They ought think about helping out a disabled vet as an atonement for their stupidity. They could have done the same "visual pun" just about any place but there. Hallowed ground should not be trivialized.

Leni

My veteran husbands reaction was 'put her up against the wall. She ought to know better than that.' He was disgusted as a lot of people are. And she works for a retirement community? Bet there are veterans there that are upset also.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If she put it on facebook she wanted lots of people to see it. I retract my opinion about the brain in the finger, it's up her a$$ along w/ her head. Even being a woman I think she needs a good ass whuppin'.
Mike

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I suspect by the time the dust settles this little fat 30 year old who still lives with her parents will have learned an important lesson. I'm not sure she will ever fully understand what she did wrong. Then again she is also highly representative of a huge portion of society. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suspect by the time the dust settles this little fat 30 year old who still lives with her parents will have learned an important lesson. I'm not sure she will ever fully understand what she did wrong. Then again she is also highly representative of a huge portion of society. :(
Exactly, she'll probably not 'get it'. She'll blame facebook and others for all that happens to her because of her senseless actions.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Lindsey Stone, 30, lives with her parents:loser:( and has learned nothing about respect) if she was my daughter she would be looking for a new place to live.this story represents more about what is happening to this country,she is 30 years old:ermm:,does any one think the even younger generation is getting any better? :hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just another reason why silly people shouldn't share everything they do in their lives on Facebook. :hammer::hammer:

I can't say that I have a whole lot of sympathy with either of them.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Just another reason why silly people shouldn't share everything they do in their lives on Facebook. :hammer::hammer:

I can't say that I have a whole lot of sympathy with either of them.

Thank God my girls dont feel that way about vets.......it would hurt......

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you think she has adequately apologized?

No.

Wonder why there is no ring on her ring finger?

No surprise she's from the uber-liberal north east as is her friend.

They are taught to challenge, and disrespect, authority. I'm not a betting person, but I'd bet a decent amount on who she voted for as our country's leader.

P.S. My son begins a deployment tomorrow. Personally, I'd like to slap the bitch silly. However, I've never struck a woman and this skank isn't about to make me change my ways.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Somebody should keep track of this witch and anytime she gets a job, send this info to the owner of the firm hiring her.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Somebody should keep track of this witch and anytime she gets a job, send this info to the owner of the firm hiring her.

I tend to agree with ya WB.......but then I seem to remember that the guy I see in the mirror sumetimes was once a bit ov a lib[dam that tastes bad!!!] so maby she could be retrained.....and be a half decent plow horse:whistling:.....seems like not to long ago decent was the highest form of patriotisem.....when bush was in..........now with O-slimmy it seems to be racisem now........the bad spelling is for ......plasable deniability..........hell it works for O-slimmy!!!!!!!

Have a great bird day.........for tomorrow we all eat feathers!!!!!!!:glare:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
It was, according to the female in the picture, meant to be "humorous" and a "satire". Not only does she fail to realize
that these two things are not the same, she fails to understand that there are times and places where this sort of behavior is
simply not appropriate. What bothers me is that she and her friend tried to explain it away before issuing their "heartfelt" apology.

We have raised a generation of feckless morons.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Feckless is about right......I tried the other day to explain to some kids...that sometimes there are people who deserve the upmost respect even if they eather dont or cant ask for it....the thing we were talking about was walking onthe grave and spitting on the head stone........just realy bothered me....they thought it was funny........I finly just said......Guess ya had to be there ....and walked away...........some times I remember some rat holes I would like to stuff some folks into

Leni

When your actions reflect badly on your employer then they have every right to fire you. If she had been on her own time it might have come out differently.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If she ever wants respect again, I'd think 4 years of active duty military would be a good start.