• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Summer Cat work and track woes

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi all I know that a lot of you have been working on yoUR cats to get ready for winter.I would like to share what I have done on mine this summer and hope you will do the same.
1 rebuld carb
2 repack all wheel baearings
3 reupholster back and fount seats
4 make and inslated soft cover for the engine houseing (for sound)
5 new head liner and door panels
6 replace all rubber on the engine ( belts hoses trans coolent lines)
7 changed the oil and filter
8 changed the tran fluid
9 changed rear end fluid
10 rebuild on master and slave cylinders (rebuild on slaves did not work new ones fron Snow Cat Cat)
11 replace 2 front tires and fill (Okners)
12 replace tracks. I no now what snow cat HELL IS LIKE INDIAN WORD FOR RUSTED BOLTS 3days and haf of one track apart

Best to all larry s

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes but taking these tracks apart has been bad . tryed to cut then off with a torch not a good idea tryed a 5in grinder and sawall those all didnot work I finally made a wranch out of a 6 point socket. it is still slow going. larry s

Briarpatch

Hi Larry! It looks like you have been pretty busy working on that cat. I just went up last weekend and started the rebuild on my right rear track. Its a lot of work, but I enjoy it. I have been working on one track per year due to the cost. I brought home some of the grousers to weld in new plates

Let's get together again and its my turn to but breakfast.

Dennis