• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Jamboree 2015

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, right here in good ol' Oroville. Sure hope the snow situation improves for the Jamboree, but if it doesn't, still looks like fun.

I stop by in a red rental car Last April and met you

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all,
I both groom and maintain our Nordic clubs LMC 1800. I also own a 1944 weasel. Does that qualify me to be part of the gang? I live in chelan so it would be a shame for me to miss this. Unfortunately, I won't be able to trailer my weasel over to Leavenworth this year...hopefully next year, but I'll come on my to meet you folks tho.
Martin fleming
if you need hard to find weasel parts let me know there are hundreds around hear littering the tundra. if you need good tracks
don't hold your breath there isn't much of that stuff around here I have been considering rebuilding one for summer operations just haven't got around to just what I want to do.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
decals for 2015 will be free at the jamboree. how do they look?
untitled.png

Great work Jim

martinf

weasel you say, how kewl, does it run and be nice if you could post a couple pics, sure everyone would like that, come on over and enjoy the crew, great people, they might just grab a trailer and go pick up your rig. looking forward to meeting you

Oh yeah it runs well. I rebuilt the tracks on it and those Studebaker engines are real stout.
Its nolonger original as it has an aall weathercab on it and a front passenger seat. II'll post a pic or two when Ihave some time.

martinf

if you need hard to find weasel parts let me know there are hundreds around hear littering the tundra. if you need good tracks
don't hold your breath there isn't much of that stuff around here I have been considering rebuilding one for summer operations just haven't got around to just what I want to do.

I really appreciate that, Don, and will keep your info handy. You guys are mighty welcoming and I look forward to meeting some of you later this month.

Kristi Kt-4

Hi Martin, I will bring one of the Tuckers I groomed x-c trails in OR and WA with. It is home built stuff but did a good job. I used an accumulator to keep down pressure on the setter and can adjust the pressure depending on the type and depth of snow. See you there.

Sno-Drifter..... Did you have any problems with the tracks hitting your groomer when you turned? It looks like it would come awfully close to your pontoons.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Groomer is attached to rear axle so it can not hit pontoons. Also by turning with the axle, limits scuffing the ski tracks out in a turn.

Attachments

• 543 grooming.jpg
    543 grooming.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 210

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
New guys! Looking forward to attending with our BV206. Thanks

I have touched this cat and let me tell you its the coolest ride a must see. I am stoked that your coming. Im going to pound on the snow God so we can see that thing roll !

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have touched this cat and let me tell you its the coolest ride a must see. I am stoked that your coming. Im going to pound on the snow God so we can see that thing roll !
the bv 206 does have it's cool factor. after 15 years inn the national guard driving and working on them you can see it isn't my first choice. mostly for cost verses performance they are very utilitarian and make a great all surface vehicle but my pockets aren't deeper than uncle sam's

BV Boys

Hey irongoat, I remember your visit and thank you for the heads-up regarding the Jamboree. Also, thanks for the coolest comment. The BV206 is a "cat" of a different stripe for sure.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey irongoat, I remember your visit and thank you for the heads-up regarding the Jamboree. Also, thanks for the coolest comment. The BV206 is a "cat" of a different stripe for sure.

if yours is a 6 cyl diesel I have a full manual set in pdf for it

BV Boys

Thanks Don, but we've got a gas V6. I was able to find complete US and UK manuals along the way, pretty much worth their weight!

John

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
No. We have some family commitments on the same weekend that take priority. Plus, I'm thinking about spending my discretionary snowcat dollars for 2015 on the Mt. Hood event. I hope to join the Leavenworth mob again in 2016 (and I'll bring my fire pit then).

Ron

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you must have some spare Kristi tracks.

Come on Don- That's on page one of the Kristi owner manual. You should only utilize the most important safety feature of the Kristi in the direst of times. Not for toasting wieners over! :yum::yum:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
taken off the DOT camera today.
this location is about 1/2 mile from the jamboree at DER RITTERHOF MOTOR INN

9thEvans.jpg
the dot cameras are good for travel weather when you join us next week.