• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wyoming tracked get together...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Talked to mbsieg last night. Snow is fine.... There is a lack of snowmobiles:brows: in Wyoming this season. Maybe this is to our advantage, yes I am sure it is!!

We could use a few more machines though. Anyone want to run in Wyoming with us?:flowers: Here is your chance, let us know if your interested..

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
your on snowmobile trails?

No we aren't going to run on them except in a few clear view situations. Just much more lodging available than was anticipated, and much less "traffic" in the Bighorns for some reason this season. Lots of snow, just not very many folks are taking advantage of it for what ever reason.

I guess I consider this to be a good thing, as trailering from Buffallo and driving to and from, 20+ min. isn't what I want to really do.

Jim, are you considering comming out?

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
no plans on it ,just interested. really would like to though wouldn't take much pushing.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
so, given this a very non-formal test run adventure, could you tell me the actual dates and what is the plan as of today of where to stay and trailering plans. thanks for the info. thinking of loading up the big trailer with a couple of tuckers.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
It would be helpful to plan coming out for the track party if you post a road map to get there and another map of the area we would be driving in. Some mention of lodging whats out there and hell while im asking you to do all the work could you mention a few places to eat lol... Sounds like fun even McCall ID would be fun...

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
basically what we have is Buffalo Wyoming on the east side of the mountains. It is the largest town in the immediate area. Then 45 miles west of Buffalo. Is the small remote Lodge of deer Haven. This is owned by Big Horn mountain resorts. He is in the process of restoring and refurbishing Meadowlark lake lodge also. The prices tend to be high and the food is passable.15 miles further west is the town of 10 sleep. This town is located off of the mountain. It is a 15 to 20 mile drive back east to where Snow Catting can begin.from Buffalo on the east side you would have to drive approximately 25 miles to reach our first trail.there is another lodge located 66 miles south off highway 16 it is called Willard Springs lodge. I think it would take 2 days to drive to this lodge. it is snow cat access only there are no roads in the winter time.

Can you get any photos of the area to post ? Nik get the drone out for a spin we need surveillance !!! Nik great time to run that new cat of yours:biggrin:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking just that ! I need to line up a few Ducks .Our cat is on Camano Island I would have to un pickle it from storage then drive to Wyoming. Anyone need a driver for a spare cat ? Or maybe Jim I would split the cost with you.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I still don't know why we don't have it around here . We have the Red River Hot Springs and camp grounds and cabins near by . Lots of snow covered Forest service Roads . And all the rum you can drink .....if you bring your own .:biggrin:

Did I mention the Elk Herds that are in the lower pasture . Hell with very little pushing I could get the town to do a Street Dance and sleigh rides too .

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
do you have facilities in town ? It could be the central location marco and I have been looking for.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
do you have facilities in town ? It could be the central location marco and I have been looking for.

I know Grangeville is right near by there not sure what kind of village is there.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I was going to stay in Buffallo, but I just booked a room at the Deer Haven lodge. I like the idea, as we won't have to drive back and forth to the trails each day, and evening. Tensleep isn't far either, and has lodging as well..

Hope some of those who haven't had enough snow will make it to this get together. Would be nice to hear about how this event can perhaps be done on a more official basis.. And how to go about that..

Hope to see you all this month!

Regards, Kirk

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Elk City is a little town of about 150 -200 people in the winter. We are a 2 1/2 hour drive from Lewiston , Id . Hwy14 ends at Elk City
We have one grocery store , gas station, small older 9 room hotel , one bar and three places to eat . I know the owners of each business.
We had the 10 speed bike riders (about a 100) here a few years ago and the whole town jumped in to make them welcome . Seems like every summer the Bikers come for 3 days from Lewiston .
We have miles upon miles of forest serviced snow coverd roads . The red river hot springs are 26 miles at the end of the road and they also have cabins . I heard they had closed but I think that is just temporary while the forestry brings in new owners . Cost was $7 for a All day pass . It is a great place and remote .
I also have furnished apartments I rent in town and my good friend has 3 cabins which two of are handicap accessible and set up for wheelchairs too .
I have 60 acres just out of town for camping or parking big rigs plus a big parking lot in town ,right on the corner where my Apartments and laundrymat are located .
With a little pre planning I know this town would bust there ass to have a jamboree here .They are looking for ways to bring folks in for business in the winter .
York Meadows , which is in town is around 100 acres and we have a ski fun day on New Years eve and the whole town shows up . Bon Fires , Snow mobiles , chili and hot dogs , and a sledding hill for the kids , Kids are getting pulled by snow mobile and skiing .
I even have a 4 person 1847 trap sleigh and could set it up for sleigh rides . The Elk herd winters just off my property at the neighbors and you can get real close to about 100 animals most days .They are fed in winter so they are not going anywhere .

The town is looking for a way to draw attention and make some money from tourist in the winter . I am sure they would bust there ass for you . The nice part is if the snow is higher it is easy to trailer our rigs to the snow line .
Hell for the really tough there is a 100 mile road to Darby Montana but I do not think any of us want to attempt that route in winter . Lots of cliffs and 60 degrees slopes where the road is completely blown in .

If the timing was right the roads will be covered and you can snow cat from your room or cabin anywhere .

A few pictures of Red River hot springs , York Meadow , Elk Herd. forest roads .
Yes that is me in the pool , while it is snowing to!!!!

Sorry for side tracking this thread , I can post a new thread if any interest is shown .

Hey ! Its all about getting together and having fun !!!

Attachments

• Elk City July 2004 005.jpg
    Elk City July 2004 005.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Elk City July 2004 018.jpg
    Elk City July 2004 018.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 143
  • idaho 040.jpg
    idaho 040.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Idaho Jan 2009 005.jpg
    Idaho Jan 2009 005.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 131
  • misc picts 001.jpg
    misc picts 001.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143
  • misc picts 004.jpg
    misc picts 004.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 127
  • misc picts 014.jpg
    misc picts 014.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 127

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
!!![/QUOTE]If the timing was right the roads will be covered and you can snow cat from your room or cabin anywhere .

A few pictures of Red River hot springs , York Meadow , Elk Herd. forest roads .

Sorry for side tracking this thread , I can post a new thread if any interest is shown .

Hey ! Its all about getting together and having fun !!![/QUOTE]

How far are you fromt hte Big horns?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If the timing was right the roads will be covered and you can snow cat from your room or cabin anywhere .

Hey ! Its all about getting together and having fun !!![/QUOTE]

How far are you fromt hte Big horns?[/QUOTE]

Gee??? I don't know .
Mike has made the trip from his place to here for a visit . He would know .
I would think at least 500 miles or more .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea ,,, but I was the best lookin thing you ever saw and worth every mile !!!!:brows:

You guys do know that Steel Head season is about to go full blast ??? You need to come back soon !!!???

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm out. Just too much chaous in my sphere of influence...

I will be releasing a room at the Deer Haven Lodge shortly.

Mike

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
This has been canceled due to lack of interest. If a mod wants to delete that is fine so we don't have confusion