• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WA state Track party/snow cat jamboree 2014

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just did a solo 600 mile 11hr drive to look at a newer cat. I was surprised how easy it was.

Cletis

"15 hours is all? So I guess you're ready to roll, eh? ;-) "

Guess it is better than some. Still may have to think about that one a bit. Our property in the mts is 8 hrs one way from home. Still I'm on the band wagon for a jamboree in the middle of the states !!!!!!

Wouldn't Wyoming be considered the middle??????????

Cletis

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well I would love to attend but looks like I have to get the new Thiokol up here before this winter.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"15 hours is all? So I guess you're ready to roll, eh? ;-) "

Guess it is better than some. Still may have to think about that one a bit. Our property in the mts is 8 hrs one way from home. Still I'm on the band wagon for a jamboree in the middle of the states !!!!!!

Wouldn't Wyoming be considered the middle??????????

Cletis
I'm sure your more than welcome to host one.

Cletis

Yep, you are right. Might have to wait til next year though. I just don't know enough trails to make it a good outing for everyone.

Cletis

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
They are really cool. They are street legal and have been registered for road use in the states since 1960. They weigh around 1300 lbs and haul around 1100 lbs.
In August there is an event in Oregon which many owners attend.
See http://www.northwestmogfest.com/ for more information.

They even made snowcat version called a Schneewiesel.

Thats cool ! For me I need more room ! But I still like it

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
As I mentioned to many of you while we were attending jamboree in 2013 I was also planning a gathering in Leavenworth,WA for owners' of Haflinger trucks.

Well we had the event last weekend we also used the Der Ritterhof as our base and it was a great success. I learned many things from the success of your 2013 Jamboree. Thank You.

We also traveled North from Eagle Creek Road and I can provide lots of trail/road knowledge I gained. I look forward to seeing everyone at the 2014 Jamboree.

Scott

Wow that looks like you had a blast ! Did you stop in and say hello to Bert ?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I know nothing is being planned. Someone needs to get it going for location and date.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Berts place is not public property and arrangemets have to be made. Last year a mistake was made aand it was on the same date as a local club meet.
last years pictures at berts and bar in town.
jamboree00212013.jpg

jamboree028.jpg

jamboree005hotel.jpg

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
no i don't . when I went over I just stopped at his home.
Marco may have it.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Someone should be sure to contact the cop on the snowmobile there at the site to let them know your coming back. It was instrumental in the success of the event. Its the one thing that if not done may ruin your fun. I dont have his number but Bert will know who he is and possibly how to get ahold of him. Have your route plan available to show the cop !

1bigguy

I'm just down the road from Bert I'll get with him this weekend and let you all know what he has to say.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
USHIP.COM is an easy way for anyone to get your cat delivered to an event check it out ! All you need is an address to provide and walla ! your there.

Tye one on

Thanks 1BigGuy, let me know what you hear if you get to him before I do. Also thanks for the heads up Iron Goat, since you had contact with him last year feel free to dial him up again and give him a heads up for the 25th of Jan this year if you think we should. It is seeming like this whole thing will be a joint effort on the part of several of us to pull it off again, so let's make it happen!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think any bars in town had problems wilth the jamboree folks so we should be fine in that department.

I don't think any bars in town had problems wilth the jamboree folks so we should be fine in that department.

I can tell you it is virtually impossible to get into long term trouble at those bars. Get 86'd one night or one weekend, and your welcomed back like a long lost sibling the next!

Don't maim anyone, and it's no big deal

Tye one on

Track party/snow cat jamboree will officially be Jan 25! I have confirmed with Bert and the Beverian Boondocker snomobile club that the date works for them. I will be contacting Der Ritterhof about accommodations and parking, and Crystals about pre catting breakfast. I will be updating here regularly and will use this site to get an idea of turn out this year so please speak up here so we can create a great event for everyone. This will have to be a joint effort to make it work this year so please speak up if your interested in contributing to the event or some part of the weekend. It may be a little early but THINK SNOW !!!!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks for doing that. The large jamboree sign I had made last year belongs to the person planning it . I was planning on sending it out of state but in this case maybe I can just bring it.

remember the fun we had lastyear lets do it again!! Those of you who couldn't make it don't miss out on this one.
And kirk,I don't want any lame soybean story again this year.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I won't be able to make it this year it's looking like i'm going to have a busy one from the drivers seat of my new Thiokol. i'm already booking work for this winter even have a film crew thinking about covering some of it. may be I can get some photo's posted for the period of time i'm out doing this. Also how many Alaska members do we have may be we should have a post Iditarod or pre Christmas regional get together. I like per Christmas as going to the city could be justified by Christmas shopping.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't be able to make it this year it's looking like i'm going to have a busy one from the drivers seat of my new Thiokol. i'm already booking work for this winter even have a film crew thinking about covering some of it. may be I can get some photo's posted for the period of time i'm out doing this. Also how many Alaska members do we have may be we should have a post Iditarod or pre Christmas regional get together. I like per Christmas as going to the city could be justified by Christmas shopping.
Don,Your wife would like the vacation. That funniest home videos can be put off a week.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
No Jim it can't, film crew or not I have a window I have to work in between longer days storms and reasonable weather to work in.