• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1200 Hydraulic Steering

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are the pictures you requested Larry. I will be hooking up the back up hydraulic pump later this summer as I rewire the unit.

Attachments

• 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 001.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 001.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 640
  • 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 002.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 002.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 644
  • 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 003.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 003.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 625
  • 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 004.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 004.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 625
  • 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 005.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 005.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 627
  • 1200 DMC hydraulic steering 006.jpg
    1200 DMC hydraulic steering 006.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 641

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Is this one that boggie installed or did you do it . I spoke to Boggie about a mounth ago about one I was under the imprison that it was electric at the controls Larry S

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this one that boggie installed or did you do it . I spoke to Boggie about a mounth ago about one I was under the imprison that it was electric at the controls Larry S

Larry, we do make a stand alone unit, in fact we just are finishing one for a power company in Mississippi for on a Nodwell 110 with a digger/derrick on it it weighs in at 38,000 pounds and this will run it. we have made several of these this one has a 12volt pump unit and a provision for brakes built in. I will get a picture tomorrow and post for you

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
here are the pictures this unit was a modular system connect two hoses to your differential and three wires 12 positive and 12 volt negative and one wire for the electric actuation of both for brakes and thats it. this will be used on a 38,000 pound rig.

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 561

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
You do know that you have the coolest job in the whole world, don't you ?(aside from swimsuit model photographer, of course).

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You do know that you have the coolest job in the whole world, don't you ?(aside from swimsuit model photographer, of course).

It not a Job, it's a passion, but if I were a swimsuit photographer there may be passion at times too.:w00t2:

Last edited:

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Boggie

That lookes like what I had in mind .Do you pull back on the joy stick for braking or do you rely on the e-brake. I will have the cat home in about 3 weeks and will look to see how I would be able to mount the system If you can give me close price that would be grreat. I well be going to Mich. mid summer and think I can convince my wife that you are right on the way the from colorado thanks for your help Larry S

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie

That lookes like what I had in mind .Do you pull back on the joy stick for braking or do you rely on the e-brake. I will have the cat home in about 3 weeks and will look to see how I would be able to mount the system If you can give me close price that would be grreat. I well be going to Mich. mid summer and think I can convince my wife that you are right on the way the from colorado thanks for your help Larry S

Larry, in the picture if you look there is a rolled up blue wire that goes to a floor mounted momentary switch ( tractor start switch) that supplys power to the relay double contact N.O. switch when it is engergized it pulls in and starts the motor and also controls the red normally open 2 way valve witch closes off the return line from the blue vickers valve and sends the oil down both line to the cylinders attached to the steering on the differential.

it could be done with a four way joystick also, most like the floor switch it seems more like a brake....

cost really varies with the machine send me a PM. with everything is more than you think.

Utah Cabin Cats

Hey, anyone know if this system could be retro fitted onto a 69 spryte and get rid of the "steering sticks" and have joystick steering?

THAT WOULD BE NICE.....bag the stupid steering issues!:biggrin:

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes as far as I know it can be installed in any thing that has stick steer with slave cylinders. I bought all the parts from form member Boggie except the hoses and i am installing it in a 1977 Spryte 1201

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If your machine has the OC-12 and has "steering issues" I think you have either adjustment or band lining issues. Just something to consider.