• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The NEED for SPEED!!

HGM

Like I said, I ride and can feel for anyone hurt on a bike... But damn I enjoyed seeing that one.....He had no reason to follow that close and think he could safely pass from the cars blind spot..

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
HGM said:
Like I said, I ride and can feel for anyone hurt on a bike... But damn I enjoyed seeing that one.....He had no reason to follow that close and think he could safely pass from the cars blind spot..

Your response and avatar go perfect together!!!! :D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Gerard said:
I noticed that too. Look at this guy in rush hour traffic. Totally insane!

I just watched some of that video. I don't know where he is, but in Indiana he would have a life expectancy of about 30 seconds. Probably 90% of the drivers here would have dumped him into the guard rail when he passed illegally, and about 100 of the cars that came up from behind would have intentionally run over his corpse as they passed to show their appreciation.

Yup, I have to agree. Being that stupid is removing defective genes from the gene pool. It's just too bad that it inconveniences some innocent person who happens to cream the moron.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
JimR said:
He got what he deserved in that one. I can't believe he actually tried to pass a car passing a car. One less nut on the roads.

Uhhh, watch it again. He had already started to pass when the car pulled out in front of him.

HGM

Gerard said:
Uhhh, watch it again. He had already started to pass when the car pulled out in front of him.

:D Have you actually watched the video??:D The car had its blinker on(signalling it was getting over) as the bike closed in at a faster speed.. He thought he could make it and didnt...He was in the cars blind spot..

I cant believe this is even a discussion.. This is a prime example of why so many people out there dislike motorcycles and preach of their dangers.. Stupid people create dangerous situations, when they get hurt they blame anyone but themselves... These guys know what they are doing, they also apear to be skilled riders(no argument there)..However, they are practicing their skills in an environment with too many variables, they assume that everyone arround them is aware of their intentions.. Nature has a way of weeding out the weak, stupid is a weakness, this guy deserved what he got..

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
You really don't know (can't tell) when the directional was first turned on as the rider is blocking the view until he is already in the motion of passing. This to me is a very tricky call as you do have/ make a valid point. Guess we'll never know for sure.

HGM

Gerard said:
You really don't know (can't tell) when the directional was first turned on as the rider is blocking the view until he is already in the motion of passing. This to me is a very tricky call as you do have/ make a valid point. Guess we'll never know for sure.

I do agree that he is blocking the signal, I always refer to my training.. I was taught that you must never assume what others are going to do and use their signals(whatever they might be) to clue you in.. My opinion here is the bike was traveling too fast for him to react to the driver in front of him, even though he signalled(maybe late) the rider should have seen it.. I grew up in Miami and learned to ride there as well, I firmly believe(although it may not be the worst) you must pay allot of attention there to survive on a bike there..

Again, I enjoy the videos and tricks, but there is a place for it.. That kind of stuff can get you killed or(worse in my opinion) kill someone else.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
I agree and might add that I LOVED my 6 hour motorcycle training course. You HAVE to look at what the OTHER guy is doing all the time. Defensive driving is crucial on a motorcycle. Directionals are usually a good indicator of what the other guy intends to do. :thumb:

JimR

Charter Member
My wife damn near killed a motorcyclists one day as he passed her on the right side on a one lane road at a red light. She turned right as he went whizzing by. What a dumdass he was and lucky. I've had my share of close calls. The sad part is that none of them were my fault. It was always the 4 wheel a-hole with no brains that almost got me. I was cut off by a car that pulled out and stopped dead in front of me. I stopped inches from the drivers door. The second one was about 15 minutes later. A Dodge pickup changed lanes and cut me right off. I almost lost it that time. When we pulled up to the next light I really lost it verbally all over that guy, so bad that the woman in the truck ducked down as to not be seen. I've also had the opportunity to kick in a front fender on a Toyota Corolla in city traffic. The jerk was in the outside lane and tried to pass a turning car with me on his left in the inside lane on a 4 lane road. Needless to say I had nowhere to go and kicked in his fender. He jammed on the brakes and was a little bit upset about the fender. No, I didn't stop either, he deserved it. I've been cutoff more times than I care to think about when I was driving to work in rush hour traffic. Almost all of the idiots were women. I always ended up in the breakdown lane to get away from being clobbered. Damn fools can't figure out how to use a mirror when passing.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Ahhh yes, the KICK. A guy once bumped my back tire at a red light moving me forward. I couldn't believe it and got off my bike. I walked over to his door and he put the window up (with gestures :finger2:). No problem. I walked back to my bike and stood there next to it (I'm still a little verbal). When the light turned green and traffic moved on, I proceeded to side-kick his headlight and his grill in as I mounted my bike. Needless to say, it was his turn to get verbal. I just left. :D

JimR

Charter Member
Unbelieveable, talk about crazies. The guy that jumped that bike is lucky he lived. Damn fool should have ended it right there. He surely trashed that bike.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Gerard said:
Ahhh yes, the KICK. A guy once bumped my back tire at a red light moving me forward. I couldn't believe it and got off my bike. I walked over to his door and he put the window up (with gestures :finger2:). No problem. I walked back to my bike and stood there next to it (I'm still a little verbal). When the light turned green and traffic moved on, I proceeded to side-kick his headlight and his grill in as I mounted my bike. Needless to say, it was his turn to get verbal. I just left. :D

You just gotta watch out for scared teenagers. When I was 16 I had two bikers decide that they were going to "get" me for some reason. Honestly, I have no idea at all why and had plenty of witnesses. Anyway, I'm driving my CJ7 Jeep with my girlfriend and two other girls in the back and these two bikers start going nuts on me. They come up beside me and kick my doors, scream at me, flip me off etc. At the time I am about 5'7 and 130 pounds. I'm scared to death. They then make a poor judgement call, they cut me off and jam on the brakes in front of me.

For a split second I jam on my brakes to try to avoid them, then the laws of physics come to me rather clearly. Nobody died, but it was a pretty big ordeal. They didn't get to stop me and drag me out of my Jeep for whatever they had in mind. Let's just say that I doubt that those guys ever go picking on a 3000 pound vehicle while on bikes again. :thumb:

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
I know what you mean Dargo. I guess you could say I'm on both sides of the fence as I drive and ride.

I have encountered unruley bikers while in my car and feel caught in the middle on how to handle the situation. Are they being idiots or just not paying attention is my ? to myself. Just last week there was a guy (actually an asshole) that more-less cut us off and then wouldn't let us pass. When I finally got to get ahead of him, I just politely washed my windshield when he was on my side and behind me. :D Gotta love watching them wiping off the washer fluid, especially if their shield is open. :whistle:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy crap! Somebody around here is really tough or stupid. It is 4 degrees outside here. I just went out to get the paper and heard a biker go by out on the main road. :eek: That takes...well, nevermind. I just recalled that I was out on my motorcycle the morning of the coldest day in recorded history in our town. I had a paper route way back then and just couldn't get myself to ride my bike that morning. So, I put on my paper bag that goes over my head (holding papers in the front and back) and hop on my motocross racing bike to deliver papers that morning. :eek:

Yeah, it was darned cold. But it didn't last as long as it would have riding my bicycle. :smileywac I suppose I ought to take back my comment about the rider I just heard...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang... that guy hit 180 mph.
He's nuts (since he did it in traffic).

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Dang... that guy hit 180 mph.
He's nuts (since he did it in traffic).

Yeah, but man what a rush!! I love the quickness of these modern crotch rockets!!!! That bike is factory stock! :pat: :D

buy_25

Banned
180 is really fast for modern sport bikes. The FED limit is now 180 but back in 2000 and 2001 the factory stock BUSA (suzuki) would do over 190 mph stock. And if you can find the bike and remove some wires you can do over 200 on this stock bike.

Hell, my old-school gsxr1100 (1994) can do almost 180 and it is stock.

JimR

Charter Member
My friend in NY had a Busa that would do 208 mph stock. With a chip it could do 218. He opened it up on the NY Thruway one day and buried it to 218 mph. He had a group of friends with cell phones that made sure the road was clear so he could do this crazy stunt. He said the bike got up to 175 mph really quick. From 175 mph it was kinda slow. He quit at 218. He said the dashes in the middle of the road looked like a soild line.

buy_25

Banned
not starting a debate, But there is no stock busa that will do 208 stock period. Just not gonna happen. The fastest years were 1999/2000 when they would do about 194. Then after that the bike is limited per suzuki to 186 mph.

Unless you are going downhill, with 40 MPH winds behind you and is a 1999 or 2000 model year; maybe get about 195. Or if he has a turbo running about 12 PSI boost; then they can get about 251 MPH and that is with 499 BHP.

The speedo on the busa only goes to 180 mph also and the LCD will not read over 186 or 189 MPH. Look at the pix I uploaded of a 2005 BUSA.
So your friend is full of it :1062:.

Plus the dashes are solid at about 145 to 155 MPh.

Attachments

• 2005 busa.jpg
    2005 busa.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 153

JimR

Charter Member
Hey Mike, I doubted it too and even told him so. He is not one to throw bull and claims that is what the speedo said on it. I can't prove it and can only go by what he told me. Personally, I think he was nuts to even do it. I see what you mean about the speedo too. I do not know what year his was. He now has a BMW.