• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Priming 2100b injector pump

rebible

We are going to try and start the snow cat this next weekend. It has been sitting for a little over a year after it failed to start while parked pointed upslope. Supposedly there was bad diesel involved.

I intend to drain it, change the filters and put in new fuel ($5.25 a gallon ouch!!) . we will try to get it pointing down hill with some winching if possible.

How do I prime the injector pump. On my Cat Dozer this can be a real pain if you run it dry, especially if you don't know where the bleed is.

If anyone wants to help, and they are in the Southern Calif. area, we are going up next Sunday, and will probably make a day of it with a barbecue at the top of the mountain.

Thanks,
Robert

Attachments

• HPIM0933 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0933 (Medium).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 274
  • HPIM0936 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0936 (Medium).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 274
  • HPIM0939 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0939 (Medium).JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 268
  • HPIM0945 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0945 (Medium).JPG
    78 KB · Views: 267
  • HPIM0950 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0950 (Medium).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 275

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Robert, I can tell you how to prime a diesel tractor, but without seeing that engine up close there is no way I can offer much help with priming it. Priming a diesel can be pretty simple if you have plenty of access to the engine. Sorry I can't be of any real help.

I would like to hear how things turn out. PICTURES TOO! Is this cat abandoned and your are salvaging it or are you out there to rescue it because it died out there and nobody had time to get it?

rebible

Nobody had time. (for a whole year!!) e.g. there were other cats and this one wasn't necc.

I was hoping someone had a manual and would tell me where the bleed screws are. I have read what the tractor guys do, eventually cracking the injector lines, if they have to, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'll just follow the lines and make sure I have good flow all the way to the pump.

It drove up there and then wouldn't start, they squirted starter fluid in it and got it to run in bursts, but could never get it to catch. To the best of my knowledge no one cleaned out the fuel system or checked the prime.

The battery was lifted for another piece of equipment. We figured if we could get it started and moved, we could claim it for the patrol.

Robert

rebible

Here is another picture of the engine. A ford industrial 300D.

Attachments

• HPIM0932.jpg
    HPIM0932.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 268

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
You should have a "Wobble" pump on the fuel pump (follow the fuel lines off the filters to the fuel pump, it is between the tank and filters), that is a little lever or button on the fuel pump that you can manually pump fuel without cranking the engine.

Change out your fuel filters and fill the new ones with clean new fuel, then put them on. In your last photo, there is a black hose with a "Bango" fitting on top of the filters, that may be your bleeder valve, crack that open and pump the "Wobble" pump until fuel comes out. The close it after it quits blowing air and is all fuel.

Then Crack the injector lines on the injectors if it is possible for you to get to, if not then in your last photo, crack the injector lines on the injector pump itself, then crank on the engine a few rpm's until fuel comes out then tighten them and start your engine.

Attachments

• diesel engine.jpg
    diesel engine.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 261