• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spam e-mail to buy stock

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally, I'm sick of getting them (about 20/day).

Who's asking these things be sent out?

Do the companies being touted in the e-mail promote this?

Who's paying the spammers?

Gatorboy

Those are SPAM? Damn, here I thought I was getting some real inside stock tips. No wonder my portfolio is losing money. :(

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just wondering this morning who I could try to contact to report this huge amount of unwanted spam. You can't reply and tell them to F*** OFF nor opt out, or unsubscribe etc. They seem to use different bogus email addresses and bomb daily. Damn they are annoying! I wonder if you could contact the "great buy" company and tell them that hell would freeze over before you'd buy their f***ing stock? However, I assume they couldn't care less and are likely paying some shit little company to spam the hell out of everyone.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Av8R - Charter is not my ISP.

GB - Everyone knows the only SPAM is what you eat that comes out of a can. You keep buying that stuff. BTW - Send me your e-mail address. I have some e-mails I want to send you. :yum: :hide:

Brent - I thought about doing the same but I'm not going to waste my time since, like you said, they couldn't care less.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Gee, I am getting daily great offers from the "Fifth Third World Bank" or something like that. I thought maybe I take out a loan for a billon bucks and donate it to the forum......give it to all the members.....maybe not......:yum: Too bad these scams are so prevalent on the net today....:mad:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, I've won the Nigerian lottery several dozen times and have hundreds of millions of dollars just waiting for me to claim. All I have to do is send some "barrister" a few thousand dollars and he'll get my millions right out to me.

You know the funny thing; I don't ever recall playing the Nigerian lottery. Heck, I don't play any lottery. Silly me, I always thought I had no chance of winning unless I played. That's apparently not true.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Heck, I've won the Nigerian lottery several dozen times and have hundreds of millions of dollars just waiting for me to claim.
Geeze, I wish my news was that good. I've had several Nigerian relatives die leaving me millions and I didn't even know I was black:confused2:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have an Earthlink email address and I get them daily. I don't even open them any more. If I don't recognize the sender, then it gets deleted.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, I'm pretty sick of the stock spam, too. It's tied with the erectile dysfunction ( pick a brand ) spam. I wouldn't even consider buying stock that was advertised that way and i definately don't have anything to 'erect' :yum:

I have a small local ISP with a spam filter. Obviously, the filter needs to be a finer mesh. ;)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
They kind of come and go for me. For about two weeks I get them ten times a day, then for a few weeks I don't see them at all. Trying to recognise the sender is not so easy as they change what they say in the title so much.

murph

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
I have an Earthlink email address and I get them daily. I don't even open them any more.

Me too.. delete.. delete.. delete. Only problem is sometimes a "good email" get's weeded out w/ the spam.