• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RED ROBIN Hamburgers Bans LEGAL Gun Owners!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to get a group of gun owners together for an informal lunch at a reasonably central location. Talk to the manager, manager wants to check with corporate. There is no sign on the door regarding firearms. Many of the people who will attend are regular customers. Some have open carried there many times. The gun owners lunch may include some folks who are open carrying but likely will only have a few, most people will either not carry or will carry concealed.

Apparently corporate is very anti-gun based on the below reply.
Hello xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Red Robin company policy prohibits our Team Members, Guests and Vendors from possessing weapons on Red Robin premises regardless of whether or not the person is licensed to carry the weapon.

The only exception to this policy is those individuals employed in local, state and federal law enforcement that are required to carry a weapon as part of their duty to protect and serve the public.

Thanks again for your comments.
Red Robin Guest Relations

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the OC world and group social organizing! PA been going through this the last couple years. Like all well organized gatherings, a preparation call is usually appreciated but not necessarily so when most be packing.

It's funny, our most pleasant and consistent accepting host's are Chinese restaurants .............. who'd a thunk it! Dare you to try an Olive Garden ......... :whistling:. We've found that most of the time it is manager perception and not necessarily corporate. When refused ALWAYS request a response from corporate, a lot of managers have learned the hard way by doing so ........ :biggrin:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In NC you couldn't conceal carry there anyway because alcohol is served.

Bob

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Bob

In Indiana we can drink while we carry. Oddly enough, despite the claims, cries and pleas of the Brady Campaign, we don't have shoot-outs in our bars and restaurants.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

Bob
Same in Ohio, although change is in process in the Ohio Legislature. Should know something in the next couple of months. If it passes, you still can't drink while carrying, but will be able to dine while carrying, sans drinking. For those who carry all the time, your dining choices are limited just because there is alcohol served. Dumb law...

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a follow up from Red Robin.

Talked to the manager, he apologized and said that they do in fact not allow and he had to follow policy. He was a nice guy and stated that he wishes that corporate would change their mind, and that he wished more people were armed as it would be a nicer thing to see.

I actually feel bad for the manager, because prior to checking into the policy he has allowed O.C. in there without any issues. He now is going to lose business from a lot of people.

This is their corporate policy, obviously not all managers know it. He did not. We pushed the issue to find out. This chain has now been 'outed' as being anti-gun.

If you choose to patronize them then that is your choice. Me, I believe that choices have consequences and if I don't like the choices this company makes then I will not support them. Others may not be so principled.

So this is our last contact with Red Robin.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I e-mailed Red Robin Corporate this morning asking for their position in Ohio, since it's a concealed and open carry state, and will let you know their response. Like you, I don't go where I'm not wanted. There are lots of other choices to dine at where we are welcome, and where it is NOT a target rich environment for the bad guy.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most corporations have policy that mimics state law but there are a few that just don't get it!