• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Exhaust woes!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I changed out the burnt out exhaust donut on my Orange Thiokol 6 seater. I am having problems with my camera so pics will have to come later. On the Thiokols is just easier if you remove the starter first. 2 bolts and remove the power cable and it pops right of. Now you can reach the left exhaust stud. After doing this I found that they were both (nuts) loose. Well since I was there I was going to replace the donut anway. I also loosened up the exhaust system to help move things around a bit. The space is really tight so anything you can do will help. after removing the old donut and putting on the new one I rebolted everything up. I checked the exhaust manifold (which I should have done first) and found all the nuts loose. Thats not a good sign since it most likely means the exhaust manifold gasket is burned up in areas. So I tightened everything up and fired her up. The donut is now perfect! BUT Now I have a manifold leak. Will order a new gasket and replace that. I should have tons of photos from that repair.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yah my camera is crap. I had this happen once before. Cant wait till my ship comes in so I get my new camera setup!