• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Music Downloads

aquilani

Dargo said:
I cannot put songs I bought from Itunes on my MP3 player! :mad: :mad: :2gunsfiri When I contacted Itunes via email (only way you can get them), they tell me that I can only play the tunes on my computer.
Hey, there's a nice tool to cut iTunes DRM - enjoy!!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a Creative Zen M 30 gig about a 3 months ago and bought my son one for Christmas. He activated his free 30 day napster trial and went ape chit and he dl'ed about 5 gig of music in 7 days. I activated mine (I just ripped my CD's until now) and did the same and now what.

Who subscribes to napster or iTunes on a monthly basis? I'm sure I will mainly for the both of use. It has expanded my music exploration specifically in progressive jazz and I think I'll use the subscription to continue.

BTW ............ check out Euge Groove, he's takin over where David Sanborn use to be my favorite!

caeryon

Big Dog said:
I bought a Creative Zen M 30 gig about a 3 months ago and bought my son one for Christmas.
Slightly OT, I know, but how do you like the Creative Zen player? I've looked at them online as an alternative to an iPod, and I've seen very good reviews of them. Just wondered what a real live user thinks of 'em....

We haven't used a subscription music service yet because none of them seem to have much in the way of our favorite genres. We listen to stuff like traditional Irish music, bluegrass and other Americana, etc. (Okay, we're square!) It seems as if, if you don't listen to mainstream music, you're left out in the cold.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
caeryon said:
Slightly OT, I know, but how do you like the Creative Zen player? I've looked at them online as an alternative to an iPod, and I've seen very good reviews of them. Just wondered what a real live user thinks of 'em....

I have both; a 40 gig Zen and an 8 gig iPod Nano (along with about a half dozen others - including Sansdisk). Since I had the Zen first and learned how to operate it in my sleep, well in the dark anyway (I like to listen to audiobooks at night), I like both. I'd say that the iPod is slightly easier to just pick up and play, but only slightly. For a small inexpensive memory chip based player, I like the Sansdisk players the best. The day after Thanksgiving our local Best Lie had the 2 GB Sansdisk players and the 2 GB Sansdisk SD chips both on sale for $39 each. I bought several of each. :cool2: My kids love their 2 GB players and I love all the memory I now have for my digital cameras.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The reviews are the reason I bought the Zen M. When I was looking for a player I wanted a FM receiver incorporated. It was by far the best option at the time. The iPods are great at about the same price but without FM, it's a $50 option add on gadget. I use it when I'm on the tractor and now with the aux device jack in my new Monte Carlo I don't need to wear the buds in the car, it plays through the stereo :cool2:!

The Zune is a great item but it wasn't available at the time I bought mine. It's only advantage is you can select a background of your choice. Didn't get it for the son cause (and no real reason not to) it has a MSos integrated on it.

Be careful with the jacket you get for it, mine is made of that wetsuit material and it's tight. Cause's the controls to act up, soon as it's off it's fine. It is getting better cause the jacket is stretching a bit. IMO, it's a great unit and the FM is a nice plus!