• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1" Drive Air Tools

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The two of you are SOL, because I can't find either of the items now. Might have been tossed in the last garage cleaning or just buried under some other stuff in the sorting process. That is the problem with being old, you can't remember..... :wave:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Bob, you'll remember that I bought a sliding compound miter saw at HF a couple of years ago. I bought it specfically to cut HardiPlank. HardiPlank is a cementious material and the dust will chew up power tools as fast as anything you can imagine. There was no way I would use a $600 or higher saw to cut the stuff if a $200 saw could do it. As it happens, I got the saw on sale for $100! Well, here's the update -- I couldn't kill it. I used it to cut the siding for all 4 walls of a 1200 sq ft building. Then, I brought it home, put in a new blade, and have been using it to cut laminate floor planks to length, a fairly precise task. Working great.

That's funny. That's exactly what I use my HF sliding compund miter saw for. It is still working fine. I blow the concrete dust off it after use and that's it.

I do have a nicer Delta saw as the HF saw couldn't cut repeatably accurate trim angles. But I think I only paid $69 for my HF saw so - I got what I paid for and I am pretty happy with it.

I think HF is a great value and resource for the average guy. I'd buy american if I could find it for 10-15% more but it seems everything is made in China these days.