• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thermonuclear missile launch near Los Angeles

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I assume the title got your attention?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that I believe what's in the article at the link, but I'm not saying that I don't either. I'm simply posting it in hopes of getting others opinions. Natural News is "over the top" sometimes and then again, sometimes they have reasonably good stuff on their site. But if this was true you sure couldn't expect your government to tell you the truth.

Natural News said:
Last night, Californians immediately leapt to social media to propose their theories of the phenomenon, ranging from a nuclear missile attack to meteors. "Law agencies and news media in San Diego were flooded with calls about 6 p.m. from people reporting everything from a flare to a comet to a nuclear bomb in the western sky," reports the San Diego Union Tribune.

The official explanation is a lie

The "official" explanation of this event -- and remember that "official" explanations are almost always cover stories -- is that the U.S. Navy launched a test missile just because they "routinely" test missiles.

"Media in California confirmed that the light came from an unarmed Trident missile fired from the USS Kentucky navy submarine," reports the BBC. While they call the missile "unarmed," they fail to mention that the Trident missile normally carries a thermonuclear warhead. There's also no way for the media to know whether this missile was really unarmed or not, as the sole source on that question is the U.S. Navy itself.

More at link.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes!! You got my attention.

I'm not going to dig myself but I'd see what international news is saying, not the US government. If it was something like a Trident, most every nuclear power country in the world would identify it as such and track it.

Leni

Air traffic around LAX has been rerouted at night for military exercises for the next several nights. .

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Attached is a pic taken on an automated web camera near my mountain home at 7:03 PM. The pics prior and after the event show total darkness only with no sign of this light showing on any other pics. My wife was skimming through the web cam pics which are saved to a hard drive and discovered this pic last night. I did not see the news article until today but I believe we had some type of abnormal light as far as WY. Keep in mind we have no artificial lights of any intensity that would show this for many miles in any direction near this remote location web camera.

Hazelton Peaks 20151107190304.jpg

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Missile launches by the Navy are not that uncommon around the LA area; when I was stationed out there in the 70's there were
frequent test firings from Port Hueneme and the night shots could be spectacular, some ionizing the cloud cover which lead to
'light shows' similar to this one, in vivid greens and blues. I have no problem believing this was in fact just another test shot.

By the way, I followed Squerly's link; he should have given us a "Tinfoil Hats Required" warning, as those folks are way out there!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It is not uncommon for submarines after a mid life refueling overhaul to test fire a few of their Trident missiles. In this instance, the USS Kentucky was no exception firing its missiles toward the Kwajalien test area.

The libtards and the tin foil hat crowd, very similar in many ways, always find a way to get their panties in a twist over such things.

Also not a bad thing for the rest of the world to get a reminder from time to time on just what a US Navy boomer is capable of.