• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Firewood

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Plugging away at getting the firewood together but I'm getting there.

I run my woodstove 24/7 for almost 6 months of the year.

I already have cut/split/stacked enough to last me until the fall of 2009 but since there's still room in the woodshed(s), I'm going to fill most of them up this fall.

How's everyone else that heats with wood doing? Stop at Big Dog's place. He has lots to give away.

Chief

I have about 5 cords cut and split up for this year but I am gonna have to start gettin' busy for next years wood. Just have to work up some motivation and some suitable tress. I try my best to cut up trees that are already down or need to be cut down.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I've gone through about 7,500 pounds worth so far this year. I'm not smart enough to figure cords, face cords, half cords and all that other stuff. I just know about what it weighs because I haul it up to the house on pallets and each pallet weighs right at 1500 pounds. I gotta go count the pallets I have left in my barn.

I have about 10,000 pounds of red oak sitting behind my barn that is just cut into 24" sections. I guess I ought to get off my butt and get that stuff split. It sure isn't gonna dry like it is and, if I don't get it split soon, it won't be ready for next winter!

P.S. As much complaining I've done about the damn CC in my wood burner, by running it pretty well constantly, I've dropped about $300 per month off of my utility bill as compared to last year when I rarely burned any wood.