• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The most stupid question ever asked

DingoTango

Dear Abby:

I have severe back and neck pain and it gets worse when I sit at a desk looking at a computer. But I get addicted to web forums and I'm basically disabled, TV is too passive and boring, so I spend lots of time on web forums and then I feel worse.

I'm a forum addict.

What should I do?

DingoTango

Dear Abby:

That was a fast response! I typed the question "What should I do?" the scrolled down the page and you said "Submit new thread" --- so I clicked on that, but it's not working!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Click submit new post again and again ....I think you've got the hang of it. :D

DingoTango

Doc said:
Click submit new post again and again ....I think you've got the hang of it. :D
Good advice from an admin with over 4,000 posts. :thumb:

Obviously "forum addiction" isn't a problem for YOU, Doc! And speaking of "Doc", maybe you can advise us what to do if we tell you "it hurts when I do this." Are you one of those Docs who responds "Don't do this!" -- ? :D

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DT said:
Are you one of those Docs who responds "don't do this!"? :D
Yep, that's what I was going to say ...to late now. :pat:

Abby

DingoTango said:
Dear Abby:

I have severe back and neck pain and it gets worse when I sit at a desk looking at a computer. But I get addicted to web forums and I'm basically disabled, TV is too passive and boring, so I spend lots of time on web forums and then I feel worse.

I'm a forum addict.

What should I do?

I would try raising the monitor level a little higher. I too, suffer from neck pain mostly from looking at the monitor. I, however, was diagnosed with arthritis in my neck, could be your problem too. Try exercising your neck every 30 minutes or so, stretching the neck has helped me.

humor_me

DingoTango said:
Dear Abby:

I have severe back and neck pain...
I'm a forum addict.

What should I do?

DT, join the club. Welcome to the asylum...Release the Skurka!:confused2:

The back pain will take care of it self...as for the neck pain try to take in as many accident scenes as you can stand...rubbernecking will always fix it. Repeat as necessary.:yankchain:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Abby said:
I would try raising the monitor level a little higher. I too, suffer from neck pain mostly from looking at the monitor.
Or a little lower... I get the same pain but it's because my monitor is a little too high.
The top of your monitor display area should be right at eye level.
Keyboard position can also be a source for the shoulder pain.

As for being a forum addict, that's a good/healthy addiction to have. Keep it.

DingoTango

humor_me said:
...Release the Skurka!
MAKE me! :pirate:
humor_me said:
...rubbernecking will always fix it. Repeat as necessary.
I've thought about that. Not just rubbernecking, but slamming on my brakes in the left lane to see why someone got pulled over on the far side of the freeway, cuz maybe the impact would accidentally put all by discs back where they belong. It'd save me a lot on medical bills.

But, Doc, it hurts when I do this ---> :boom:

loki2

As I once told a girl I met that was complaning of back pain " IF your back hurts, stay off it".

brazospete

A blonde went to the doctor. When he asked her what was ailing her she said " When I touch myself here....ooooh it hurts soo bad and touching a different place she said and When I touch myself here ooooh it hurts sooo bad! Is there anything you can do to help me?" The doctor said " Well first I guess we better splint that broken finger!"

Gus

As for the pain, try lowering your chair to a height where your elbows can rest on the desk. As for the internet addiction - I got nothin'. Addicts should never give fellow addicts advice.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have RSI in the form of carpel tunnel syndrome in my right hand and it gets worse on the computer, should I stop using the computer or get it operated on (the hand not the computer)?