• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Was Obama's "Gay Marriage" outing pre-planned and orchestrated to play the media?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was Obama's "Gay Marriage" outing pre-planned and orchestrated to play the media?

Was Obama's "Gay Marriage" outing pre-planned and orchestrated to play the media? Pretty simple question and it seems that there is now plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest that Obama simply planned this whole thing, including Biden's statements, so that he could raise money and create another narrow issue.

What I don't understand is why more people don't see through this crap!

For example, within 48 hours of Obama's new 'evolved' position on gay marriage (that it should be a "states right" issue), his campaign is now selling Lesbian/Gay/Transgender clothing/campaign stickers/etc. Hmmm, just a couple days to gear up an entire marketing machine and offering merchandise?
ofaxxxx_lgbt_out_t_f.jpg
ofaxxxx_lgbt_bumpers.jpg

And then there is this story:
Link => http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/05/10/will-grace-biden-choreographed
'WILL & GRACE' CREATOR: BIDEN'S SAME-SEX DECLARATION 'CHOREOGRAPHED'

Most folks figured Vice President Joe Biden gaffed - again - when he stated his position on same sex marriages last weekend on NBC's "Meet the Press."

The creator of "Will & Grace," the show Biden claimed during that same interview had had a profound effect on the country's views on gay issues, isn't convinced.

Max Mutchnick heard Biden speak weeks before the "Meet the Press" episode, and said the vice president declared essentially the same thing at that event, one being taped by the White House.
"It says to me that this was all very choreographed. Look, I'm just a man that experienced this, but Vice President Biden made it very clear that day that these were his views and so much so that they wanted to record them," Mutchnick said.
Choreographed, you say? Is that the same choreography which coaxed The Washington Post to run a hit piece against Mitt Romney the very day it published Obama's final evolution on same-sex marriage?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Was Obama's "Gay Marriage" outing pre-planned and orchestrated to play the media?

Makes you proud to be American...

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Was Obama's "Gay Marriage" outing pre-planned and orchestrated to play the media?

Personally I think he took the opportunity now so he can come out of the closet in the near future and relive some of his past experiences from his college days. It wont surprise me if he dont do the same with the "transgenders" as well. :whistling:

Kane

original.jpg

What have we come to? There is no way back from here. Ever.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

It will be one diversion after the other until the election so the blinders stay on the sheeple!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter

I agree it's just a bunch of crap. If Romney is asked what he thinks he should say leave it up to the STATES. He should also say that he wants to be President of the USA not God almighty and that what consenting adults do sexually in private is nobody's business.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

It will be one diversion after the other until the election so the blinders stay on the sheeple!

Just wait and see what Axelrod and his band of douche bags have lined up for the summer. This will pale in comparison.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

If it was all planned, does anyone think it was a 'smart' move by the Obama camp?

I don't.

The polls show it tied at 47% for those for and against same sex marriage. While this move will sure up the gay and lesbian vote (5 to 8% of the population) I can't imagine others falling in behind Obama (if they weren't before) just because of this move. This does not mean the announcement was not orchestrated, just that I doubt it was a very popular move with entire campaign team.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Every day we as a country are talking about crap like this is one more day closer to the election that we are not talking about the real issues that affect us all. That is the plan.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

I think it is all aimed at distraction away from the real problems that he has failed miserably on. I am quite certain Axelrod and other campaign folks have a week by week list of "occurrences" that they will insert into his schedule with the proper media frenzy all planned out.They can't have any scrutiny of his record to derail their schemes.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I'll concede that it might be intended as a distraction. My point was if the distraction loses you votes, it's a failure. This distraction has the potential to actually lose him votes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

They are down in the polls with the latest showing Obama losing by 10 points among independents. A group he won 4 years ago. Axelrod will take calculated risks. This is one on them. It could very well backfire. They will go down swinging. Count on it.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Didn't I read there are 39 states with new legislation denying gay marrage? This should be a clear indicator I would think...I think this will back fire on them..... I think there is a lot of folks in the Democratic party who will be very turned off by this news.

I believe there are no states that would vote favorably on this issue. California is the one state I might question, but since it was voted down on a ballot there, that one is not even in question. So how does this small minority get so brazen to convince them selves that in 10 years no one will care, so why should any one care today? I think this is a classic case of over reach, and the hand will get a fork shoved in it...

The silent majority should not be so silent in the future. Look what it has gotten us to.

Regards, Kirk