• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ulimate snow blower ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe for for small jobs it may be the Trackless Snow Blower . These things are super tough . I have a 70 inch one . One bad ass blower!!!! Mine is 3 ph off my Kioti DK45 tractor .

Attachments

• blower_2.jpg
    blower_2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 105

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i would love to have one of those what do they sell for down there Al by the way surprised you didn't get a holder they are kristy orange .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a used Craftsman snow blower I picked up at a garage sale this summer. I believe its a 5hp model with an impeller. Works ok. Definately not the "Ultimate". But it sure beats shuveling!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I would spend all day blowing the snow from my entire street both sides. The snow plow made three runs on each side of the street and took 10 minutes to do. That equalled what I had done for an 8 hr period the day before! Im getting a plow for my CUCV!!!!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
My neighbors just picked up there fathers atv with a snow plow. Ive been snow blowing in front of there house for the last few weeks. Today I go out to clean up last nights snow storm and snow blowed My house frontage my 89 year old neighbors and the widowers place. I had company over and didnt want to be out all day snow blowing. The neighbors atv sat there all day as they came in and out of there house and drove off and back home. Mean while there just packing the snow into ice. That ATV with plow could have had there whole front cleaned up in a few passes! The husband is out of work. Its not like he has a bunch of things to do. I bet that atv will just sit there until his father calls him for it. Unbelievable!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
i would love to have one of those what do they sell for down there Al by the way surprised you didn't get a holder they are kristy orange .

I stole it .......:whistling: I have no idea what one would cost now . A self propelled unit runs $80,000. plus .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I can open a 1/2 mile of road in about 10 minutes with my blower !!!!! Thats at 24 plus inches !!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bet me !!!! I have ran many blowers in the past . This aint your Grandma's blower.
This is a commercial 2 stage blower that flat gets the job done !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Those 3pt. blowers can move a lot of snow but driving backwards gets old quick. They also dont like big stones so you end up running them a few inches off the ground or you will be changing shear pins a lot.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Those 3pt. blowers can move a lot of snow but driving backwards gets old quick. They also dont like big stones so you end up running them a few inches off the ground or you will be changing shear pins a lot.

This one will clear a 3" rock without shearing the pins . You just need to back off and let it burp it out !

snow dog

If you pick it up then your not blowing 24 inches, Its less

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ... The address is Elk City, Id . Come see for yourself . I have the baddest ass private blower in the county ....bar none . I skim the ground at about 1/2 inch . You want to make it 30 " ??? Thats fine with me . :biggrin:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
If I can't have a hydraulic driven one, I want a Sicard Junior.

This one is a 1957 with a Chrysler 251/motive and a Buda6/aux.

Attachments

• sicardjr1857.jpg
    sicardjr1857.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 88

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If I can't have a hydraulic driven one, I want a Sicard Junior.

I have put a lot of miles on a Sicard on Interstate 80/Donner summit . We actually have one in the road dept in Elk City . A tough old rig .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
will it do 30" deep and 2600 feet in 10 minutes ?

I ran one at 7200 ' feet and it would clear 10 wide and 5' high at one pass .
I once did 23 miles in one shift .That was the fastest time I ever made . I opened up Highway 20 from Interstate 80 to White cloud camp ground .

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, now this is a snowblower! :yum::yum::yum:
Compare the output to yours.:clap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWe06v8eo6k"]YouTube - now this is a snow blower[/ame]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, now this is a snowblower! :yum::yum::yum:
Compare the output to yours.:clap:

YouTube - now this is a snow blower

That looks like a Rolba . We had one of two in the entire US back in 1990 .Denver airport had the sister . Super bad ass . I could climb down the chute to work on it . It would throw snow a couple hundred feet . All Blowers are tested on Donner Summit to see how well they preform .Toughest conditions in the lower 48 .Osh Gosh was another great brand .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There are quite a few of the old Oshkosh ones around the Syracuse area. The lake effect snow up there just keep piling up and they run out of room so they take the blowers to blast it back to make room for more. You see straight carved walls over 10 ft. high in places.

snow dog

I ran one at 7200 ' feet and it would clear 10 wide and 5' high at one pass .
I once did 23 miles in one shift .That was the fastest time I ever made . I opened up Highway 20 from Interstate 80 to White cloud camp ground .

I am confused

1 mile 5280 ft - 23miles =121440 ft
in one 8 hr shift = every hour you went 15180 feet and every minute in that hour, 253 feet.

Yet earlier your covering 1/2 mile or 2600 ft in 10 mins or 260 feet every minute.

:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am confused

1 mile 5280 ft - 23miles =121440 ft
in one 8 hr shift = every hour you went 15180 feet and every minute in that hour, 253 feet.

Yet earlier your covering 1/2 mile or 2600 ft in 10 mins or 260 feet every minute.

:biggrin:

5 feet vs. 2 feet !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
5 feet vs. 2 feet !

Lets make this easy . Drive to Elk City , Watch me blow the road open really fast . Tuck your tail between your legs . Come on down the freshly opened road to the ranch and have a drink with me !!!!:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al i heard a 2 stroke detroit which means idaho norland or oshkosh we have a guy up here has 2 sincar blowers but they don't run as for your trackless it won't quite pass a muffler i dug one out of a chute one time i balled out the operator for having the music turned up to high in his walkman he should have heard it. those little municipal tractors are verry impressive they will move a lot of snow and are pretty maintenance friendly

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al i heard a 2 stroke detroit which means idaho norland or oshkosh we have a guy up here has 2 sincar blowers but they don't run as for your trackless it won't quite pass a muffler i dug one out of a chute one time i balled out the operator for having the music turned up to high in his walkman he should have heard it. those little municipal tractors are verry impressive they will move a lot of snow and are pretty maintenance friendly

Sicard is a good machine and I will not bash em . Its like anything else . The operator has got to listen to his machine . Many nights I never sheared a pin . Its knowing when to back off and let it clear itself .

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Well, I had no trouble moving the 22' we got last week with my 8000# Cummins powered Dodge Ram with a 8' Hiniker plow on it. (Hand throttle modification, 5-speed tranny, 4x4-- I drive it like a tractor when plowing)

My Drive is 1/2 mile long. The straight stretch is easy, tack up to 1800 rpm and let her buck. At 15-20 mph it will throw the snow in a no wind condition 6-8' off the drive.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
http://gizmodo.com/5721335/this-is-how-they-deal-with-snowpocalypse-in-japan

500x_snow-canyon.jpg

500x_snow.jpg

340x_bus-in-winter-reduced.jpg